2014 BMW E39 Rebuild 2 15s 3/28/14 Another video

That looks sick with the viewing screen and LEDs. How did you man the trim run and out of what material?

i made the trim ring out of quarter inch mdf and then painted it white to match the box and the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I started wiring the amps up and mounting them.

2121efcc.jpg66c87089.jpg1cc07588.jpg9260a1c7.jpg

i found this welding wire in my backyard and decided to use it for my sub amp.4c9f3a6b.jpg

sorry for the blurry pic but this is the factory bmw fuse box i hooked it up here with a 150 amp fuse.

b62de9de.jpg

all wired up

cef6d18a.jpg

this is where the wires go behind the sides of the trunk and towards the battery.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished the system up today! i scrapped the amp rack shown in these pictures and instead mad it mount directly to the back of the trim panel.

7c182add.jpg

this is the trim panel/ amp rack

30da21ae.jpg

with the amp mounted and the fi logo on.

bfd3b03c.jpg

in the car

c599d6b3.jpg30fc3925.jpg

this is what the finished trunk will look like!, but i still need to make the dot for the i.

Today i pulled off my door panels to check out my a wierd noise coming from my dayton mid, and i cant figure out what the problem is... it just makes tons of static!

thy are mounted like this 3e0fa4c5.jpg

here is the tweeter

8e54309f.jpg

A picture of the trunk to show how much room i still have left! i want to go to a 15 but i have to carry all my swim stuff!

13a1ba51.jpg

Looks good. Lots of kerf work too.

Excellent that you have all that room in the trunk after the amps and box. :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

NICE! Good lookin e39 man! I have a 2001 myself (525i) and its cool to see at least one other on this board lol. Im starting my build in the next week or so, same basic idea...sealed off from trunk, single 12 on 1k, still very usable trunk. Only thing "extra" im doing is a run of 1/0 from the alt to battery and adding a second battery just cuz I have it all sitting around from the 2 e34's I had systems in. Keep up the nice work! Loving the kerf port!

2001 BMW 525i

12'' MTX Thunder 9500

Alpine mrp-m1000

Focal mids/highs

Alpine mrp-f300

Build thread to come in a couple weeks after I source some more stuff

Archived