DC Sound Lab

how much power can an xl coil handle?

i never had a problem with the coils on my XLs taking 3k+. even clipping burps, coils looked new. stepped up to a 12k though and the triple joints just let go, they didnt break. same thing happened to my friend on a 12k to two XLs. so i would still limit them to 3500w (ish) just to be safe, but not because of the coils.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Musically they dont gain after 3k clamped, Rather they start tuning the extra power into heat and starts destroying subs. Also for that amount of power box size plays a factor. for 15s Id say around 3cu and for 18s closer to 5cu ea. It goes will beyond how much power something takes. Its only 1 factor is a large equation.

No numbers with both amps can't keep them together long enough to break em in and get to a TL important bound and determined to get it right. this is a daily music type build so it looks like right at a super clean 3500 it should be. As soon as records show up ill keep everyone updated. they are M2 as well.

Edited by windowtinter