Sexy subs are sex :peepwall: where have you been with this build. I haven't seen it in a while.

Been bz all summer lol big updates coming soon

97 cherokee

2x 15 ns v1@32h

crescendo 5500 (soon to b ns-1)

xs d3100's

Nice car. My wife drives the exact same year and engine jetta but forest green. BTW, we put a large case 300A alt in there with only minimal modification ;)

I used steel flat bar and a stack of washers for the bracket and I wish I could remember how I wired it, but it was easy all I had to do was add the radio shack resistor and DC power gave me instructions when I installed it.

-Drew

Nice setup, 6th order ? And great idea will definitely look into doing this mod i need that alt power

No 6th order, just a slot vented box that is recessed to protect the cones from damage when my wife throws shit back there. DC lvl 3 10s

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Nice car. My wife drives the exact same year and engine jetta but forest green. BTW, we put a large case 300A alt in there with only minimal modification ;)

I used steel flat bar and a stack of washers for the bracket and I wish I could remember how I wired it, but it was easy all I had to do was add the radio shack resistor and DC power gave me instructions when I installed it.

-Drew

Nice setup, 6th order ? And great idea will definitely look into doing this mod i need that alt power

No 6th order, just a slot vented box that is recessed to protect the cones from damage when my wife throws shit back there. DC lvl 3 10s

-Drew

Do you have a build log? Very interested in your alt mod

97 cherokee

2x 15 ns v1@32h

xs d3100's

No not for that car because it was so simple. The only "cool" thing about the setup is that it has a 300A alt to power a hifonics bxi1606 haha

I'll admit it is a pretty ghetto fab bracket that I don't want to post all over the internet, but it works and can be done with basic tools and some elbow grease. The alt gets pushed farther from the engine block than stock, but has a smaller pulley. The end result, is that to get the belt just right you take the tensioner off and it will allow just enough slack to get the belt on the pulley, the you can get the tensioner on and clamped down.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Just realized the VR6 in your name. But the jetta is equipped with a 2.slow. :runlaugh:

Lol 97 vr6 was my first car, but with this gas prices I don't care about driving my 2.0

97 cherokee

2x 15 ns v1@32h

xs d3100's

I'm on mobile, where at in oregon are you? I'm in scio, small ass town near Albany. Promising looking build.

Salem your not too far from me, are you doing to the coast show this weekend?

97 cherokee

2x 15 ns v1@32h

xs d3100's

Archived