Okay, I have a 2011 mazda 3, Fi SSD's, and an Exile 2400.1. 1/0 wire ran to the trunk along with the big 3. Stock electrical, I dont need to be told how bad this is, i can clearly tell. The gain is turned way down around were my aq1200 was pushing out.

So you guys tell me what I need to do. My car has a 100 amp alternator, from what I've seen from searching there isn't an ungrade. So what do I need to do to get it were I can tune my amp where it should be and not have crazy voltage drops. OR is there no hope for that much amp on so small alternator.

So much bass my poor car cant handle it, i hope i can keep it.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-4.3 cf box sealed to cabin

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

call mechman or dc power. the online site is pretty much useless.

I contacted mechamn by email, he said there was nothing at this time. Should I call anyways?

How is your ground? a poor ground might be a cause

Edit: I haven't had this problem so anyone correct me if I'm wrong

Grounds up front and back are good, I think my biggest issue is not having enough battery power. I just dont know how much I need and where to look.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

for a start fit the biggest thing you can under the hood

min. xs d1200 (and if not fit, try a d925 or d975)

with an upgraded ele, but if you have no success,

do an off line ele system (separate from car)

get a gm 180+amp(220 prefered) alt and fab some brackets and fit that with a xs d3100 or 2 in the rear

with a DMM check the voltage under the hood. It's funny, the amp will kill itself in order to protect itself lol. Definitely check the voltage to make sure you have enough to sustain an amplifier

for a start fit the biggest thing you can under the hood

min. xs d1200 (and if not fit, try a d925 or d975)

with an upgraded ele, but if you have no success,

do an off line ele system (separate from car)

get a gm 180+amp(220 prefered) alt and fab some brackets and fit that with a xs d3100 or 2 in the rear

I checked and a d3100 will squeeze under the hood. And I would love to run a sperate system but there is no chance under my hood.

with a DMM check the voltage under the hood. It's funny, the amp will kill itself in order to protect itself lol. Definitely check the voltage to make sure you have enough to sustain an amplifier

I gotta get a new DMM my last one suffered a painful death installing the box. But full tilt, were the gain is sposed to be, I dont have enough voltage. And when it gets low enough it will goto protect mode. The gain is set right now were it doesn't get close.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3

You could try some other alt companies? DC power, Ohio Gen, Singer Alts.

Just an idea. Or like they said, some better batts.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone who has been down this road. Someone pushing around 2-3k on a relitivly small alternator.

Ill be honest, a new alt is the last thing I want to do. I goto basic training in september anything over 500-700$ just isnt going to be worth it.

2011 Mazda 3 Sport

-QL-MZD723 Touchscreen

-AQ2200

-(2) Fi SSD 12's

-1/0 knu power wire

-XS D3100 and 102 AH C&D

-Big 3