Sonic Electronix

One thing I have learned over the years, police often times, if they feel the need to check someone out, will pull people over for anything, in this case, he may have heard your stereo, it might not have been as loud as you think it was, but a cop can pull anyone over just to say "turn it down" while in the process, seeing if your acting nervous, or checking for the smell of alcohol or drugs. I've had a cop stop me to tell me my factory stereo was too loud with no aftermarket anything, then ask if give been drinking, are there drugs in the car, run your name for warrants ect... are you sure you haven't been drinking I caught a whiff of alcohol, are you sure, are you sure, do you Have any weapons, are you still sure you haven't been drinking yada yada yada,

The only people I've seen get tickets were obviously being inconsiderate to surrounding people, like playing the system at full tilt windows down at 1 am through a retirement neighborhood ,

9 times out of 10 if you are pulled over for your stereo, are respectful to the officer and honest, and not doing anything to actually break any serious laws they will be polite back and just say "please keep it down"

I wouldn't worry about the heat part, because even if they do log it, your odds of getting pulled over for the stereo again are slim, unless its a cop with personal issues that likes to take it out on people by abusing his authority by picking people to pick on, in that case then as long as you log what continues to happen you can nail them for harassment.

There is truly no way of them metering your cars loudness accurately due to ongoing sounds in the city, it will always be different, there is so much traffic where IM at you cant even tell what car is beating unless they are directly in front, back or on the side of you.

XS-power1.jpg

1) Stop being so fuckin paranoid

2) find the actual Aurora Ordinance. This one from Elburn, IL. Is so well written I could fuck with you if you used a power drill at night and I heard it.

3) your from Aurora, young and from the look of your picture Mexican. That's three strikes to any bad cop right there, your already guilty of something.

4) minor infractions like this are just a foot in the door to get a free peak inside the car to see what else is going on. If everything is on the up and up and you get a good cop, like it sounds you did, you get told to turn it down and have a nice night.

5) if I can hear your car, don't care if it's 10 watts or 10k watts, I pull you over and you get attitude or something else is wrong I'm gonna crawl so far up your ass your gonna taste my polyester uniform in your throat.

6) aurora is full of real crime. A cop isn't gonna give a rats ass about a kid with a loud stereo. You must have been respectful since you got off with nothing. Your boys talking about the "heat" already sound like the dumb asses that roll 6 heads deep at 2am.

7) find better friends

8) no one has you in a data base.

9) we (cops) remember douche bags

10) most, not all, cops aren't in this to fuck with people. Were just doing our jobs too. So be mindful of any town, village or city laws that govern noise pollution. And please don't be mad at us, we don't make the law.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

1) Stop being so fuckin paranoid

2) find the actual Aurora Ordinance. This one from Elburn, IL. Is so well written I could fuck with you if you used a power drill at night and I heard it.

3) your from Aurora, young and from the look of your picture Mexican. That's three strikes to any bad cop right there, your already guilty of something.

4) minor infractions like this are just a foot in the door to get a free peak inside the car to see what else is going on. If everything is on the up and up and you get a good cop, like it sounds you did, you get told to turn it down and have a nice night.

5) if I can hear your car, don't care if it's 10 watts or 10k watts, I pull you over and you get attitude or something else is wrong I'm gonna crawl so far up your ass your gonna taste my polyester uniform in your throat.

6) aurora is full of real crime. A cop isn't gonna give a rats ass about a kid with a loud stereo. You must have been respectful since you got off with nothing. Your boys talking about the "heat" already sound like the dumb asses that roll 6 heads deep at 2am.

7) find better friends

8) no one has you in a data base.

9) we (cops) remember douche bags

10) most, not all, cops aren't in this to fuck with people. Were just doing our jobs too. So be mindful of any town, village or city laws that govern noise pollution. And please don't be mad at us, we don't make the law.

I read the sound ordinance of illinois, and I'm pretty sure it's the same as Elburns, but this friend wasn't a boy, it was a female, and I just didnt know if they logged anything, I just wanted to make sure as I'm still new to the game and still learning. I wasnt a douche bag, and neither was the cop really, I didn't have anywhere important to be, just going to my uncles, but I still dont think it was loud enough he had to pull me over for it. And find better friends for what reason?

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

Sounds like a reason to pull you over. I got pulled over for not signaling within 150 before an intersection, I signaled, but I guess not soon enough, I knew the real intentions when the K9 car pulled up. I got a written warning, I think because I was very direct in telling the officer that he or his dog cannot go by my truck. So I if "got heat" because of it, so what, my stereo which will soon be installed will get me even more, because I have been without a decent system for far too long.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Sounds like a reason to pull you over. I got pulled over for not signaling within 150 before an intersection, I signaled, but I guess not soon enough, I knew the real intentions when the K9 car pulled up. I got a written warning, I think because I was very direct in telling the officer that he or his dog cannot go by my truck. So I if "got heat" because of it, so what, my stereo which will soon be installed will get me even more, because I have been without a decent system for far too long.

Yea, back in the day, I got pulled over for a burnt out headlight, that magicly turned back on after the stop was made.

These are just common issues you will face driving a car/truck, its the police doing things like this that helps prevent crimes,catch criminals, and continue to keep your areas safe.

I also listen to the police scanner almost everynight in my area, and it seems like every other stop they make, they capture someone with felony warrants and all kinds of other stuff.

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

I'm not gonna contribute into turning this into a right/wrong, legal vs. Illegal, Cops vs. Civilian thread. All I'm saying is that if you or your friends think they can interpret the law better than the sworn officer conducting the stop, be my guest. At the end of the day everyone can have their day in court. Again, good luck with that. Otherwise I stand by what I wrote and will leave you guys to whatever else you want to talk about. If anyone ha a direct question in regards to the law I will more than happy to answer it as if I were dealing with it at the scene.

I hope everyone can avoid any unnecessary interactions with the law.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Yea, back in the day, I got pulled over for a burnt out headlight, that magicly turned back on after the stop was made.

These are just common issues you will face driving a car/truck, its the police doing things like this that helps prevent crimes,catch criminals, and continue to keep your areas safe.

I also listen to the police scanner almost everynight in my area, and it seems like every other stop they make, they capture someone with felony warrants and all kinds of other stuff.

I know some of you are gonna flame me for this one, but I plan on getting a detector, but I haven't had a need for it yet as my system really isn't that loud.

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

I plan on getting a detector, but I haven't had a need for it yet as my system really isn't that loud.

Radar guns measure speed, not db's. Just saiyan.

And tbh, I wouldn't worry too much about the specifics of the law. Just be respectful with your bass, and more importantly, be respectful to the cops if you get pulled over again.