Plasti-dipped my rims today.

So today I decided to try the plasti-dip. I have watched a few videos on youtube. I bought a couple cans and it was pretty easy, and turned out pretty good.

Before:

0a60d072.jpg

364964f8.jpg

During:

266caf10.jpg

After:

4d916748.jpg

2a09a0c3.jpg

9bb033eb.jpg

I will try it out over the next day or two, and if I don't like it, I will peel it off and leave them stock. It does make it a little more obvious that I need a lowering kit. :) soon.

I decided to sell most my system, and go back to the Shaker subs, more turnk space, lighter weight, and more money for go-fast goodies. Sorry guys, already founded a buyer for system.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

ive seen a few people in my area with plasti dipped rims, and it kinda gives that aftermarket feel to the stock wheels. the only problem i have seen is when people take their car in for tires, and they get their rims back with chunks of missing plasti dip. looks kinda funny if it goes unfixed.

i think you did a good job. looks like an even coat. i like it

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Thanks guys. I have an extra can just in case any pieces come off. With it being rubber, I am curious to see how hard it will be to clean without peeling off. I put a few coats on there. Should be nice and strong. :)

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Thanks guys. I have an extra can just in case any pieces come off. With it being rubber, I am curious to see how hard it will be to clean without peeling off. I put a few coats on there. Should be nice and strong. :)

Let me know how cleaning them goes. i wanna try this to see how it look on my car, but if i have to touch up every time i wash them i probably wont do it.

Archived