Plasti-dipped my rims today.

how many coats would you suggest & im guesssing inside and behind rims as well

I would say at least two fairly thick coats.

I did my front lip of my car a couple months ago, I think 5 thin coats looks better than 2 thick, its just more time consuming but that's what's recommended.

But to each his own

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

• 4 months later...

I did both my front and rear bumper with this stuff and the grille as well.. It works good, however you need like 5 coats for it to look right.. Also if you leave it on for more than a couple months you need to re-spray it with another 3-4 coats to get it to peel off.. Otherwise it chips really bad and takes forever.. I also found brakleen and a rag work good for tough spot removal as well (watch what u spray because that can ruin finishes ect..)

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

After a month or two it wasn't as shiney. But I would just touch up with a lil more plasti dip and it looked great. I tried a couple different wheel cleaners and some of the foam boubley cleaners pealed it up on the edges. :( pain in the butt to fix, it was easier to pull it off and respray

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

• 1 month later...

Archived