Second Skin Audio

using fiberglass to seal off wall

I've got a quick question. I will be finishing up my wall in my tahoe asap and I was trying to think of the cleanest looking and easiest way to seal off my wall without messing up the interior. The box is completely built and i will be facing it forward behind my second row seat. My question is, can I just make cardboard cutouts to fit the openings perfect and tape them to the box and then fiberglass over them and over the entire front of the box? I think this would look the best as I could just paint it afterwards. Thanks for any input!

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

IF you do it right it'll look good... If this is your first time I wouldn't make it too permanent. Fiberglass can be a major pain in the ass. You'll want to redo it, I guarantee. I'm saying this form experience. But by all means, go for it. Gotta learn sometime.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

What you wanna do reminds me of what Steve Meade did with his Honda Civic wall

DSC06523.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

IF you do it right it'll look good... If this is your first time I wouldn't make it too permanent. Fiberglass can be a major pain in the ass. You'll want to redo it, I guarantee. I'm saying this form experience. But by all means, go for it. Gotta learn sometime.

Ya I was hoping it wouldn't be too dificult lol, but nothing is ever easy. But I will just keep in mind where the seams are so I can take it out if I need to. But you think if I make it nice and thick it will work out?

What you wanna do reminds me of what Steve Meade did with his Honda Civic wall

DSC06523.jpg

Haven't seen that. I'll check it out. That should help me out a lot.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5