DC Sound Lab

1650 RMS, 4 cu.ft, which DC's to go with ?

Hello,

My friend has 2 15" Hertz HX380D, which are rated 600RMS each and the manufacturer recommends small box for them (2 cubic feet each when ported).

He has a 4 cuft box with 2 6" ports tuned to about 34.

He doesn't like their sound and way of playing abd he wants to move to DC woofers.

considering he has 4 cuft and another 1 for ports- which woorer/s would give him the best result ?

He tends to go with 2 level 2 15's, But I don't know if the volume is enough, although he has more than rated power. I recommended him to go with 2 level 3 12's so he will benefit both eficcient box and full using of power, and also he will be able to upgrade amp in the future.

What do you say would be the loudest setup with DC's equipment ?

Thanks !

Go big or go home. XL 12s. They'll still hit good on 600 watts each and plenty of room to upgrade.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Go big or go home. XL 12s. They'll still hit good on 600 watts each and plenty of room to upgrade.

yeah if your friend is wanting to spend $800 on electrical work when he upgrades, then i'd x2 the xl's

level 4's get my vote. they're 1400rms a piece

edit: he's gonna be spending the same amount of money anyway if he powers the level 4's properly. so disregard that lol

Edited by Kranny

I don't know if 2 XL's is in his budget, maybe 1 :)

But just for knowing- would 2 XL's on about 800-850 watts each, give a loud result as 2 level 3 that would be better used? would XL even move on 800watts?

Here is a pic of his hx380D's:

526900_3101150342288_972795086_n.jpg

Edited by srool

With 1 XL 10 in the trunk of my old car on a pdx 600 I did a 143 nOt bad considering.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

Ok well with 1650 on one XL he should be around 148 depending on all the variables which is more then twice as loud. Or double the cone area with 800 each it'd be about the same. His call.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

Then stick with the hertz man. No skin off my teeth either way. You asked what dc's you'd use on that power id use an XL and get more power another down the road.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png