Need Help

on a ported box. my friend gave me his old mtx 4500s i know there not good but i cant afford a good system and i want these as loud as i can get them.i dont care about sq they are only getting 125 watts rms at 4 ohms each what would be a good size box for 2 of these and tuened to what hz the specs are

Thunder4510 Subwoofer Specifications

Model: T4510-04

Description: 10" Subwoofer

Impedance: 4 Ω

Frequency Response: 35 - 150 Hz

RMS Power (Watts): 225

Rec. RMS Amplifier Power (Watts): 112.5 - 225

Voice Coil: 1.5"

Magnet Weight (oz.):30

Mounting Depth: 4-5/8"

Cut Out Diameter: 9-3/16"

Sealed Enclosure Net Volume: .75ft3

Vented Enclosure Net Volume: 1.45ft3

Port Dimensions (Round Port): 3" dia x 7-3/4"L

Speaker Displacement: .03ft3

Port Displacement: .10ft3

Tuning Frequency: 38Hz

if some one has free time they can draw a box for me its going in a toyota 4runner so i have enough space for a box. thank you in advance.

on a ported box. my friend gave me his old mtx 4500s i know there not good but i cant afford a good system and i want these as loud as i can get them.i dont care about sq they are only getting 125 watts rms at 4 ohms each what would be a good size box for 2 of these and tuened to what hz the specs are

if some one has free time they can draw a box for me its going in a toyota 4runner so i have enough space for a box. thank you in advance.

If you want just loud and don't care about SQ... do 3 cubes net @ 45hz. Should go ok...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Something I drew together quickly..

4.22 cubes, tuned to 32hz, 2 4" ports.

untitled-5.jpg

Drawing1.jpg

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

thanks for the fast replys guys. as for the port do they have to be round? can i make a slot port instead if i can how big would it have to be to get the 32 hz

i'll leave to slot to port amatt85 since he knows more on doing those than i do.

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

15 inches

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

any word on the slot port? and does it matter what way the subs face and the ports? because right now my subs face the back door and are not loud but alot louder then firing towards the roof. also what is the point of inverting subs? i have always seen it done but have never tried it.

also sry for the double post im just trying to learn as much as i can.

any word on the slot port? and does it matter what way the subs face and the ports? because right now my subs face the back door and are not loud but alot louder then firing towards the roof. also what is the point of inverting subs? i have always seen it done but have never tried it.

also sry for the double post im just trying to learn as much as i can.

Subs and ports... won't make a huge difference for a daily setup which way they face but you can gain a little/lot in dbDrag by loading the subs off something... it depends on HEAPS of things, you'll find out by experimenting, we can't really tell you...

As for inverting the subs, just make sure you reverse the phase, either on your headunit or the amp or by wiring the + on the amp to the - on the subs and vice versa... It means you can get a slightly larger box volume because there's no displacement for the sub/basket and you may also get slightly better cooling on the coils if that matters at all...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!