Sonic Electronix

subwoofer box design please help?

Hello everyone i have been thinking up new subwoofer box designs for months now, but i am stuck. PLEASE HELP MEEEEE.

Here is a list of the equipment i have.

4 kinetic 2400 batteries

1 high output alternator- ohio generator 170-250 amps can't remember

2 fi btl n3 12's fully loaded cooling yes and 5 spider pack

1 audio que 20 amplifier

2 runs of 0 guage through car

The previous box i had built was total net of 6 cubic feet i think with displacement/slot port/bracing etc.

I ended up bottoming out the subs pretty easily with volume turn up. As a result of that i ripped the the part where the cone and surround meet together. I did not physically damage the coil or anything like that. The subwoofers still play fine but will eventually will need a recone.

The vehichle i plan to put the new box in is a toyota celica gt coupe older model.

the last box stated above i had in there metered at 149.9 on music/ at the kick panel and 148.7 on the windshield passenger side on music. on the spl meter it peaked twice one at 38 hertz and one at 42 hertz. box was tuned to 38 hertz.

The last box i had was placed where the back seats were and port and subwoofer facing toward the roof. Port on the driver side.

My new plan is to have a smaller subwoofers box with port and subs facing cabin. With the port in the middle of the subs. Sealing my rear deck and trunk so no bass leaks in there. Here are the maxiumum measurments i have to work with 16''High 32''Wide 15''-18''deep and preferably a square port of 100-110 sq inches. I will be using .75'' birch wood/box Tuned between 36-40 hertz. Round port will work if nessecary or slot ported if worst comes to worst. I am limited on rescouses being currently deployed overseas for the army. I tried several box calculators but i cant seem to figure it out. I am a visual person any thing would be a great help thanks.

Hello everyone i have been thinking up new subwoofer box designs for months now, but i am stuck. PLEASE HELP MEEEEE.

Here is a list of the equipment i have.

4 kinetic 2400 batteries

1 high output alternator- ohio generator 170-250 amps can't remember

2 fi btl n3 12's fully loaded cooling yes and 5 spider pack

1 audio que 20 amplifier

2 runs of 0 guage through car

The previous box i had built was total net of 6 cubic feet i think with displacement/slot port/bracing etc.

I ended up bottoming out the subs pretty easily with volume turn up. As a result of that i ripped the the part where the cone and surround meet together. I did not physically damage the coil or anything like that. The subwoofers still play fine but will eventually will need a recone.

The vehichle i plan to put the new box in is a toyota celica gt coupe older model.

the last box stated above i had in there metered at 149.9 on music/ at the kick panel and 148.7 on the windshield passenger side on music. on the spl meter it peaked twice one at 38 hertz and one at 42 hertz. box was tuned to 38 hertz.

The last box i had was placed where the back seats were and port and subwoofer facing toward the roof. Port on the driver side.

My new plan is to have a smaller subwoofers box with port and subs facing cabin. With the port in the middle of the subs. Sealing my rear deck and trunk so no bass leaks in there. Here are the maxiumum measurments i have to work with 16''High 32''Wide 15''-18''deep and preferably a square port of 100-110 sq inches. I will be using .75'' birch wood/box Tuned between 36-40 hertz. Round port will work if nessecary or slot ported if worst comes to worst. I am limited on rescouses being currently deployed overseas for the army. I tried several box calculators but i cant seem to figure it out. I am a visual person any thing would be a great help thanks.

AW CRAP!! Just read the dumping ground post. Not very computer savoy if anyone could also tell me how to delete this post and put it in subwoofer and enclosure section would be awesome. yeah i a noob..

I already read the forum for the torres calculator. What i understood that was for the basics. For me to get close to 100 sq inches of port i thought i would have to use a aero port with a bend going into the box for more length to get down to 38 hertz. i can get 100sqinches of port with the torres calculator around 70hz lol. but i want around 38 lol.

so lets say my box is 32 wide 16 height and 20 deep that gives me 4.73 cubic feet with .75 wood

and i had a port diameter of 12'' and i wanted to tune it to 36hz the total lenght of port would be 41.25inches right?

then i could run the port back 18inches twoard the rear of the subwoofer box and put a elbow on it and go another 23.25 which would equal 41.25 and give me 100sq inches?

Archived