Stock Battery & Kinetik in the Rear.

Okay, so I had purchased a Kinetik 1800 and I went to go install it up front last tuesday, but it happened to be a good 4" taller than my stock and I'd have to literally bend my hood to even make it fit.

So I decided I was going to go ahead and run it in the back.

Well, my second ANL Fuse should be here tomorrow morning.

I plan to from it parallel from stock to kinetik in the rear with the 2 ANL fuses in between the two.

My question is, is this a terrible idea & why? Are there other options? ( will not bother with an isolator as I find it to be an incredible waste of money & at that point I'd rather buy another battery. )

I have more important things to worry about, so the purchase of another battery is kind of out of the question.

Edit: Keep in mind that my car comes with a stock 150A alternator.

Edited by Semper

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

itll be ok... best advice is to keep a good charge on the kinetic at all times.. its not ideal but it will work

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

itll be ok... best advice is to keep a good charge on the kinetic at all times.. its not ideal but it will work

I've been seeing shit about charging & whatnot.

Why wouldn't it stay charged? Like, what exactly is keeping it from staying charged.

Someone said in another thread that their battery dies within a day. Why isn't his alternator pumping juice to it?

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

if your battery is dying within a day you got issues lol big issues..and its always good to keep your batts topped off especially with a stock alt and stock batt..its good for the health of the batteries... alts arent perfect at charging batts...theres a thread (its stickied at the top of this section) that explains it in more detail

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

if your battery is dying within a day you got issues lol big issues..and its always good to keep your batts topped off especially with a stock alt and stock batt..its good for the health of the batteries... alts arent perfect at charging batts...theres a thread (its stickied at the top of this section) that explains it in more detail

Wasn't me with the battery dying in one day issue.

So if alts aren't perfect @ charging batteries, what would be recommended to keeping my kintetik topped off?

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

ive got a battery tender charger type deal i bought from orielly's...i honestly dont remember the name of it and im letting a buddy use it to charge his batts up.. basically an automatic shut off charger that can charge agm batteries is what you want

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/135645-reminder-alts-are-not-perfect-charge-up-your-bats/page__fromsearch__1

^^ that thread would be a good read for ya

Edited by pa-pa-platypus

ive got a battery tender charger type deal i bought from orielly's...i honestly dont remember the name of it and im letting a buddy use it to charge his batts up.. basically an automatic shut off charger that can charge agm batteries is what you want

Okay, but in the mean time my alternator will pump juice through my stock & into my Kinetik?

Should be suffice until then, right?

Edit; Also, thanks guys. I can now rest easy tonight. ;p

Edited by Semper

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

of course...just make sure you ground the back batt in a good spot with bare metal and should be fine until you can get a charger... just keep an eye on your voltage.. whats the kinetic resting at right now?