Ok so I have a bass knob hooked up in my car, unplugged at the moment. The amp is a 2011 zx1500.1.

My friend had a dd1 and will be setting my gains this week.

While he does this should my bass knob be plugged into the amp & turned all the way up and just have my deck subwoofer volume on 0 then the gains be set?

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Have you guys read the manual? It says to put it in the middle to allow for adjustment. IMO I would put it 3/4's the way up.

Edit: Put the subwoofer level all the way up on the deck and make everything else flat.

Edited by DjCrush

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I put the knob all the way up and tune it bc I want to be able to turn it all the way up and still stay clean at the 0 db track.

Just personally preference bc I don't want anything happening to my stuff even if I play not the best quality music

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

And leave the level flat on everything. Usually adding bass boost on the HU promotes distortion

Subwoofer level is not the same as bass boost...

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

The most important thing is to know your systems limits. You could just set with the -15db track with the knob at max then turn it down and play the 0db track and turn the knob till you just start to get a distortion light and make a mark there. Then you know where 0db is and you can play safe.

Kinda depends on the HU, I mine (pioneer 4300) there's multiple ways to adjust the bass. You can use the levels by hz or the actual RCA output

Mine is pretty much the same a 3200. Adjusting by hz? Thats a filter and would only affect your sub stage if you have your sub rcas connected to your rear out on the deck. Sub level is the rca output. The max you can go on yours is 6, right? Well, it should be at 6 or all the way up when you set your gains, everything other than that should be flat. Also, "loudness" should be off.

Edited by DjCrush

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Tuned in here, I too have a pioneer HU and I need to DD-1 my SAZ-1500D v2

soooo subwoofer level 6, bass knob full tilt, and adjust gains on amp until you see distortion

Assuming everyone means 'remote gain knob' by saying 'bass knob', then yes you can set your gains with it all the way up.

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png