Sundown Audio

1 Sundown SA-8 V2 On Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

simonlithen

Hey! I think I will buy one Sundown SA-8 v2 and I have been looking on amps and I find Hifonics Brutus BRZ 1700. I know this is well enough for 1 SA 8 but maby I will get one more latter. Is this AMP anything to have or should I buy something else? Looking at www.woofersetc.com and you will save 540$ right now, it sounds like a good price for me but I have no idea if this brand is good. We don´t have any reseller in Sweden so I dont think many guys have it. If you have any better suggest for the same price at that site so let me know!

Thanks!

/Simon

Im running my BRZ1700 at 2 ohms and I'm very happy with it. Make sure your electrical can handle the current draw, no, its no monster, but 150-160A of current draw is a lot compared to what a stock system is set to handle. I have a 120A alt under the hood factory, and i had to put a Kinetik HC1400 under my hood to keep my voltage from dropping below 12.8.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Don't waste money on the capacitor, especially if you're getting batteries, then its just a waste. What car is this for, what does your stock alt put out, i don't think you'll need 3 batteries for one BRZ1700. My one HC1400 and my stock alt, no big 3, is doing just fine, but with the big 3 i think my voltage will stay up higher.

my subs are listed in my sig, 2 clarion PXW 1251s, dual 2 ohm subs, rated at 500w RMS, they are taking everything the BRZ can throw at them at 2 ohms.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Don't waste money on the capacitor, especially if you're getting batteries, then its just a waste. What car is this for, what does your stock alt put out, i don't think you'll need 3 batteries for one BRZ1700. My one HC1400 and my stock alt, no big 3, is doing just fine, but with the big 3 i think my voltage will stay up higher.

my subs are listed in my sig, 2 clarion PXW 1251s, dual 2 ohm subs, rated at 500w RMS, they are taking everything the BRZ can throw at them at 2 ohms.

Im getting it for future plans. But capacitor is good when you play tone and loses much energy at the same time? Im gonna have the Sa-8 and 2 kit of Alpine SPX-13REF in a Toyota Corolla E10 -93. I dont know what the alt puts out.

Thanks for answers.

Edit!: Tone is just an example.

capacitors are pointless if you have the juice you need, with 3 batteries in your trunk, a capacitor will be pointless. Look around this place, see what is said about caps, i believe theres even a thread that shows how much of a sham they are. You won't see any big builds running caps, even the guys running 3500+ wRMS...they are wastes of money.

The SA-8 V.2 will get enough power by that amp I wrote or should I get another? Saw one on youtube who have one SA-8 with Sundown 4500.1, I dont know wich ohm he have but if the sub can take so much power will it sound good and load on one Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1?

Thanks!

Archived