Sundown Audio

1 Sundown SA-8 V2 On Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

simonlithen

exactly. And i think 3 95Ah batteries is overkill for that BRZ. Maybe a sealed AGM under the hood and one HC1400 (or larger) battery in the trunk will do for what you are going for, and the big 3 under the hood, and you'll be set. If you REALLY want that much battery in your trunk, go for it. Make sure you get a sealed AGM battery though, not lead acid. I have ONLY my 1400 under the hood, wanna say its 80 Ah, no big 3 (yet), a BRZ1700.1D and alpine MRP-F300 for my amps and my voltage drops to 12.8v when idling at full tilt. Im sure the big 3 will bring that up a bit, and i know more batteries would keep me at 14v, but i don't have the money for anything at the moment.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

The SA-8 V.2 will get enough power by that amp I wrote or should I get another? Saw one on youtube who have one SA-8 with Sundown 4500.1, I dont know wich ohm he have but if the sub can take so much power will it sound good and load on one Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1?

Thanks!

what is the VC configuration of the sub you're looking at? are you doing just 1, or 2? One of those, dual 2, at 4 ohms, would work well. 2 of those, dual 2, at 2 ohms, would also work well.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i would run a pair of them if you have the room, which isn't much, being that its only a pair of 8s. 2 8s off 1200wRMS would be nice.

thats way too much power for that thing. 1700w on that sa-8 will FRY it. run it at 4 ohms and don't cook your woofer.

A: he was using it for burps

or

B: he was running it at 4 ohms and not giving it the full output of the amplifier.

and/or

C: small SPL box

IT was probably an SPL setup...

No way in hell was he feeding that thing 4500w RMS daily. If it was a dual 2 he was running it at 4 ohms, and if it was a dual 4 he was most likely running it at 8 ohms. That sub is NOT meant to handle the kind of power you want to throw at it.

A: he was using it for burps

or

B: he was running it at 4 ohms and not giving it the full output of the amplifier.

and/or

C: small SPL box

IT was probably an SPL setup...

No way in hell was he feeding that thing 4500w RMS daily. If it was a dual 2 he was running it at 4 ohms, and if it was a dual 4 he was most likely running it at 8 ohms. That sub is NOT meant to handle the kind of power you want to throw at it.

Yeah I know, he don't write wich ohm he is using. But if I buy a 1200wrms amp it should run great in 1 ohm I think.

remember, just because someone else has done it, doesn't mean everyone can. If i was in your situation, i would buy a different amp if you don't plan on buying another speaker.

Yes I know that, but I haven't planed to use 4500wrms on that sub.

Archived