Sonic Electronix

It's been awhile since I've been on here, so I'm not sure where this goes.

Two days ago I got my hands on a 2007 Honda CRV to replace my aging and arthritic 1998 CRV. This week I will be swapping the system from my old one to my new one. Over the next 6 months or so, I'm going to try and save up for an upgraded system. I'm looking at either a single 18 or dual 15's (if my cargo area will hold it) or two more powerful 12's in a much better box than what I have right now. Subs aren't what I'm after as I sort of have a general idea of what I'm going to get.

In the future, my plan is at 1500W system paired to whatever subs I decide on getting. With that being said, I'm looking at getting a T1500-1bdCP. My questions are what size battery should I consider grabbing along with what size alternator I should install? Would a 180a suffice for the t1500s power draw going full tilt? I have a yellow top that I'm going to try and swap in but I'm not sure if the +/- leads on the 07 are long enough for the ass backwards yellow top that I have installed on the 98 (the terminals are backwards than where they should be for the 98).

I'm running short on time today so I'll be back later.

EDIT: the 95A alternator on the 98 + my yellow top held up beautifully on my 900W Kenwood amp for the three years it has been in there so I'm quite certain my 105A on the 07 will hold up to that...not sure about 1500W continuously though.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

Archived