Lookin for a new tv

Alright guys, i didnt know where else to post this.

Im in the market for a new 50" or bigger flat screen tv. Im debating on what to get, i currently have an LG plasma and its getting pink lines in the screen. I've got about 4 1/2 years out of it. One thing that sucked is only one HDMI port on it and the rest were component ins and outs. I havent owned an LED backlit so im open to that. Im looking for all out picture quality, so far the plasmas have the best picture ive seen, my house is relatively dark so glare isnt a problem. Just lookin for some input from tried and true tv owners. My budget is $1000-1750

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Me personally, I'd go for an LCD. LED's and LCD's use close to the same technology, but LED costs more. So if you want 50" or higher, obviously it'll be pretty expensive. I'd go with either LG or Samsung. I have a 55" Samsung that has at least 4 HDMI ports, 3-4 component in and outs, co-ax, ect. So inputs are not a problem. Cost roughly $1800 and I got it from Best Buy 3 years ago. No problems at all.

And I even read an article saying Sony, LG, and Samsung are the 3 best customer rated LCD tv's. Contrasts are measured differently by every manufacturer so if you compare 2 and they're close to the same? They may be the same. And feel free to shop around. I went to best buy and found that tv which I think is good, but maybe CompUSA or walmart would've had better deals.

Lastly, been using my tv for roughly 15-16 hrs a day ever since I got it and 0 problems. Only thing, I'd invest in a sound system. A lot of flat panels go for the thin technology and the sound quality sucks. But again, to each their own.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived