How should i mount me sub box in the car??

it sucks i had some facing the trunk sounded good and thought id flip it and see waht it sounded like...CRAP like they said on here...spending hours on end sealing gaps and what not

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp

Wellchange you sig or meantion what you have and how was that a dis?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

ARRRHHHHHH!!! ROFL! Ok first off i think you should worry about sealing your open ported box with another sub before you worry about sealing it off. Dual ported box with one sub......

if u read the post right above your post i said dont pay attention to those pictures and i already have another subwoofer in the box so instead of wanting to dis look at the post and facts

Why would you spend $40+ on sealing off a box firing forward when you didnt want to spend money on matching the 2 -12's ? just saying IMHO...and if you are "getting" this new equipment why are you worried about the current setup...unless you are using the same box...in which case it will probably sound like crap anyway. Why not save money that you would use to seal it forward. Put it toward better equipment..or MDF to build a good box when you get new stuff....and one that fits the opening between trunk and cabin. Just my 2c....

you can use peel and seal to seal of the trunk...people highly recomends it...

iv heard a lot of bad things about peel and seal

It's not the best but when you have 200$ of equipment why would you spend double that on deadener instead of stuff like proper electrical and a good box...than figure out where the rattles are with the new system and go from there deadening it up. Skip the peal n seal....skip the deadener all together until you find out what flexes rattles etc.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

ARRRHHHHHH!!! ROFL! Ok first off i think you should worry about sealing your open ported box with another sub before you worry about sealing it off. Dual ported box with one sub......

if u read the post right above your post i said dont pay attention to those pictures and i already have another subwoofer in the box so instead of wanting to dis look at the post and facts

Why would you spend $40+ on sealing off a box firing forward when you didnt want to spend money on matching the 2 -12's ? just saying IMHO...and if you are "getting" this new equipment why are you worried about the current setup...unless you are using the same box...in which case it will probably sound like crap anyway. Why not save money that you would use to seal it forward. Put it toward better equipment..or MDF to build a good box when you get new stuff....and one that fits the opening between trunk and cabin. Just my 2c....

It's not the best but when you have 200$ of equipment why would you spend double that on deadener instead of stuff like proper electrical and a good box...than figure out where the rattles are with the new system and go from there deadening it up. Skip the peal n seal....skip the deadener all together until you find out what flexes rattles etc.

i am getting all new stuff and whats wrong with using the same box even tho i already have my plans for a box and i had the off brand laying around and i have two of them i put it in there to just block the hole im fixing to buy 2 12" E or SA series and as long as i have bass idc what you think of my setup you have yours and i have mine

Be Happy With What You Got

i am getting all new stuff and whats wrong with using the same box even tho i already have my plans for a box and i had the off brand laying around and i have two of them i put it in there to just block the hole im fixing to buy 2 12" E or SA series and as long as i have bass idc what you think of my setup you have yours and i have mine

Go with the SA's if you can give them close to 2K. I gave mine 1200 everyday. I dont care what you have in your system...but if you use the same box for 2 sa-12 or even 2 nightshades it will sound like ASS compared to a box built to sundowns specs with the correct amount of port area and right tuning. Dont ask opinions or want help than get pissy......you wanted to know if flipping your box will make it louder....maybe but you have to do it to know...and you have to seal it off..but your efforts to get "louder" would be better served by putting any sub in a correct/not prefab enclosure...doesnt matter if its a $40 walmart sub or RE XXX.

If you plan on a dual SA-12 setup and giving them a good amount of power be ready to get a extra Batt or two depending on your car. If you only wanna go with 1000watts or so the E series would be better for you.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I was leaning more twords the sa and I know building a box designed for the sub would sound better and just because I ased for suggestions about flipping the box has nothing to do with my Subwoofers I asked about the box being flipped not for everyone to talk down on my Subwoofers

Be Happy With What You Got

Get 2 sa 12's, you can use the box you have but,...... if you spend the money and get a box it will slam so hard. Sundowns SA series can take 1200+ rms clean power per sub daily. I have done it. Spend the money and get good equipment. Your gonna need a better amp, nendo 2k, dc 3.5 k sundown 1500, sundown 3000 anything of quality. Get good equipment to power your good equipment. You can learn allot on this site. You should ONLY face sub box in to car if it is totally sealed off or it will sound like @$$

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Archived