Second Skin Audio

screw subs!! haha jk sub screws question :)

For holding the subs IN use either T-nuts or threaded inserts. I prefer threaded inserts because I can use CA glue to hold them in place and I like they way they stay seated. T-nuts work just fine to secure the subs, but if you don't somehow secure the to the box, they can eat your wood over repeated attempts to install/uninstall subs several times.

As far as your box goes, predrill your holes with a pilot hole smaller than the screw obviously. This prevents cracking, and can usually result in a straighter and more aligned hole. I prefer the SPAX, self tapping screws. Plain old black drywall screws 2 1/2" work just fine also though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i use these for my subs

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-685

I use 1 1/2 inch wood screws for the box. Use what is recommended for your application. If youre making a double baffle which is 1.5 inches thick youre going to want to use 1 inch screws counter sunk. If you have a triple baffle (2.25") I'd probably use 2" screws.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

screw all that noise with the t nuts and threaded inserts

make life easy buy DECK screws there more pricey but work damn good and even counter sink themselfs

i use 3/4 inch deck screws to mount my 18's in a wall that did 160's and i took them out and screw them back in the same hole a bunch of times with no problems and the 160 car was built with all deck screws

i also get the square tip deck screws for security almost no thief walks around with a square tip bit in there pocket and its hard as hell to strip a square head

Have you ever had your woofers blown?