Second Skin Audio

Walling 4 door car

I was just wondering how hard it is to wall and seal off a wall in a 4 door car.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Not *too* hard. Obviously, unless your <5ft tall your not gonna bring the box up to the B-pillar, but you can seal off at the C-pillar at the very least.

Since the wall will be further back from the B-pillar, you can go that extra step sealing the wall with fibreglass from wall to pillar.

How hard the construction is; nothings too different if you're doing a drop in or square box. But, building to the car is harder to make the box stronger without the B-pillar.

'91 Trooper - 12 x 15's

If he could fiberglass, than wouldn't it be possible to build the wall at a comfortable distance from the front seat, and then fiberglass from the B pillar in the gap between the B-pillar and seat?

Would probably have to make damn sure there's clearance, but probably possible.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

My wall is built into a 4 door car... its kinda nice when you go to seal it off that yoiu can still get to the side of the box.. i also have the terminals mounted on the side for easy access. when i sealed mine off i did sonotube and fiberglass. with a little great stuff. check out my build log if you need ideas or never be afraid to PM

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Im 6 ft 2'' and mine is glassed pretty close to the b pillar... ya its kinda snug but its not easy getting 20 cubes in the back seat of a 4door lol

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Couldn't you achieve that by having space between the box and side panels that is accessible from the rear of the car?

EDIT:

Or accessible from the rear doors (if you didn't seal the doors too)

EDIT2:

Or just have the terminals on the back of the enclosure, and wire from the subs to the rear of the enclosure lol

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

My wall is built into a 4 door car... its kinda nice when you go to seal it off that yoiu can still get to the side of the box.. i also have the terminals mounted on the side for easy access. when i sealed mine off i did sonotube and fiberglass. with a little great stuff. check out my build log if you need ideas or never be afraid to PM

That's what I was thinking, just stretch fleece from the baffle to the b pillar, and resin it, then add mat, etc. I will probably be using great stuff to seal the top off. I have a couple questions about it, so I will probably pm you.

What is your car walled with? Subs that is.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

That's what I was thinking, just stretch fleece from the baffle to the b pillar, and resin it, then add mat, etc. I will probably be using great stuff to seal the top off. I have a couple questions about it, so I will probably pm you.

What is your car walled with? Subs that is.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s in a 4th order.. and i glassed the the sonotube to b pillar for that nice round edge lol

Couldn't you achieve that by having space between the box and side panels that is accessible from the rear of the car?

EDIT:

Or accessible from the rear doors (if you didn't seal the doors too)

EDIT2:

Or just have the terminals on the back of the enclosure, and wire from the subs to the rear of the enclosure lol

Well with mine i cant get to the back of the enclosure from the trunk. i have an amp rack back there and can no longer get to the box and i gotta crawl in my trunk to reach it

Very nice. I just got a killer deal on two UFO style fi btl 18's, so I figured I'd try my first wall. I'm trying to ask as many questions I can about it without annoying people, lol. You never learn unless you try, right?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress