looking for a new head unit

so, my current head unit after 4 years is having issues, i had to glue the volume knop back on and i sometimes have to push foward/next a few times before it goes to the next track. its just a basic pioneer with a 8 band eq with 2volt preouts for front rear and sub, has hpf and sub level. paid around 250 for it.

im looking for one that will have good sound quality and decent pre out voltage with front rear and sub preout. want the display to be either blue or changable. wouldnt mind a double din but i doubt i would use the dvd or navi features the double dins come with.

this is what i have found so far, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html?i=13080PRS&tp=5684#overview-tab

i love the fact that it has the auto eq and the 16band right and left eq is great. has time adjustment and a whole lot more.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

forgot to mention that i will never put a processor in this car. maybe a 3sixty.3 in the wifes car as that will be more of a sq build. so the pioneer hu mentioned above would give me more then enough sq options.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

that pioneer is awesome a buddy of mine has it i helped put it in but honestly a better one is the new clarion CZ702 i just bought it 5v pre outs built in time alignment bluetooth hd radio pandora/sirus usb aux 24 bit analog/digital processor and is only 200$ for what i paid

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020CZ702/Clarion-CZ702.html?tp=5684

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp

but a problem I've noticed with both of those radios is that is a lot more tuning with the subs to make them sound right cause right after installation the subs are WAY over powering and you got to adjust radio and amp to get it sound right but after that its great

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp

Nothing is better in that price range, next step up from the deh80-prs is the pioneer p99 or the clarion hx-d2 and hx-d3 but those are around 1000 bucks.

The clarion cz702 doesnt have burr brown and thats a huge difference in sound quality.

Edited by bassface

k, well i will look at the clarion when i get back home. heading to town and hopefully getting the car metered on a termlab today. would like to see what i do comared to the people of smd.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets