Second Skin Audio

Spl Splw-12

so i was thinking of picking up a few of these woofers to line my shop with and before i do i wanna know everyones thoughts on durability, effeciency, underratedness and overratedness, and blah blah blah.

might use a few for the first few bass race comps i go to, if anyone who has used them likes them.

heres a link.

http://www.splusa.net/images/SW/SPLW1.jpg

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

so i was thinking of picking up a few of these woofers to line my shop with and before i do i wanna know everyones thoughts on durability, effeciency, underratedness and overratedness, and blah blah blah.

might use a few for the first few bass race comps i go to, if anyone who has used them likes them.

heres a link.

http://www.splusa.net/images/SW/SPLW1.jpg

they look huge...never used them...but wouldnt mind it....

they look huge...never used them...but wouldnt mind it....

yea, i figured they looked decent and for the price i can get them at i figured why not but money wasted is money i dont have for better stuff so im still looking for some input.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i know a guy in my area he used to have these in his car. that shit banged hard as hell. i saw get them. if i could get them at a decent price o would have bought them by now.

----reference's----

meade916

I beleive they are the exact same thing as the Power Acoustik Mofo's. I owned a pair of them for a couple years, great subs for the money. Handled the rated power great (1000RMS) and got very loud for only two 12's. I pulled a 144db in my Explorer when I was only giving them 400 watts a piece. It was in a middle of the road beater box tuned at 30hz. This was also off music and before anything was even tuned or setup correctly. So they do get pretty loud for what they are. And I though they sounded pretty good myself, but their no SQ subs.

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

Yes, they are the same as the Power Acoustik, well, they used to be. I just check out both subs, and the specs have changed a little bit.

I used to be able to get these subs for $75 each, until the shop closed down. People did like them, but I didn't think they were all that.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia