Sonic Electronix

2 things about the 2010 Lancer DE

Is there any way i could swap the rear seat out (doesn't fold) for one from a higher trim line, since they fold? I posted this up on a lancer specific forum also knowing this isn't the greatest place to get an answer for that....

Second question: If i can't get my rear seat to fold, what if i were to cut the foam out of the back of the passenger part of the backrest. That seatbelt doesn't work anyway, so nobody sits there......Would removing that dense foam, and leaving just the cloth breath enough for a port to blow through if i were to do, say, a 4th order? Or if i make it big enough would it be enough to seal off the subs and port from the trunk, firing forwards?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I own the ES and it folds. Not sure about the middle part since that's a cup holder, but the seats themselves fold. I know because that's where my amp is. Mounted on the back of one. They folded it and put it there. So DE doesn't fold but ES does? Hard to believe... Unless you mean have the entire back fold as pretty much every other car does rather than them folding invidually.

But as for your questions, I would say to #1- I believe so. I mean if you have the time, the money, and patience... anything is possible. I'm sure you could get a different backseat there. Be a pain in the rear but I'm sure you could. Don't know where to get one but it's do-able. And #2- I don't think that'd be enough for it to breathe if you took out the foam and definitely wouldn't be big enough to seal it from the trunk.

Subs are what? At least a foot long? And if you're thinkin about taking the foam out and putting a sub there, definitely not enough room. (Not sure if that's what you intend on doing but kind've seems that way from what you posted).

You and me have same car (cept mine's ES) and ok, sucks cause I lost my trunk basically but there's tons you can do. If you don't use your trunk a lot (I sure don't and didn't before I put my box back there), your backseat can become your trunk and just put 2 10's back there. Think I have a pic of mine up in my profile. Not sure why you'd wanna basically hide it.

Sheena = pedobear

I own the ES and it folds. Not sure about the middle part since that's a cup holder, but the seats themselves fold. I know because that's where my amp is. Mounted on the back of one. They folded it and put it there. So DE doesn't fold but ES does? Hard to believe... Unless you mean have the entire back fold as pretty much every other car does rather than them folding invidually.

But as for your questions, I would say to #1- I believe so. I mean if you have the time, the money, and patience... anything is possible. I'm sure you could get a different backseat there. Be a pain in the rear but I'm sure you could. Don't know where to get one but it's do-able. And #2- I don't think that'd be enough for it to breathe if you took out the foam and definitely wouldn't be big enough to seal it from the trunk.

Subs are what? At least a foot long? And if you're thinkin about taking the foam out and putting a sub there, definitely not enough room. (Not sure if that's what you intend on doing but kind've seems that way from what you posted).

You and me have same car (cept mine's ES) and ok, sucks cause I lost my trunk basically but there's tons you can do. If you don't use your trunk a lot (I sure don't and didn't before I put my box back there), your backseat can become your trunk and just put 2 10's back there. Think I have a pic of mine up in my profile. Not sure why you'd wanna basically hide it.

The DE does NOT fold, its such bullshit, didn't know when i got the car, it was the last day of cash for clunkers, and it was the only thing on the lot in my price range....but yeah...its bs it doesn't fold....

The rear setback is one unit that bolts to the car, there is no folding armrest either. I meant cut the foam out of the center seat backrest part, so its just the cloth, to allow stuff to breathe more into the car. I have 2 12s, subs back, port into drivers side wheel well, its fucking nasty on the lows. But I'm bored, can't afford a new sub, so want to play with ideas. If i were to build a box firing forward sealed from the trunk i was wondering if say, hollowing out that center backrest part and putting a wire mesh grille in its place would work.... i know where to get parts, car-part.com, place has EVERYTHING, literally....

I think you misread what i said in my first post......so if this 2nd one makes more sense, let me know. How are your subs oriented, subs and port back, port to side or what? Im interested cuz I've been running port to the wheel well to avoid having my trunk rattle even more (in my mind it made more sense that if i fire the port off the wheel well it would mean less force being exerted on the trunk, if this is true or not, idfk, and I'm wanting to experiment with a few different boxes cuz id like to go with either an Xcon or Zcon 15 in a year or so...wont have the money till then, i already know....

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived