Sonic Electronix

need some advice on choosing subs and amps

hello guys,

im new to this forum and im willing to upgrade my sound system but i dont know what subs with amps to choose, im looking for some good 12s because they box i have installed in my car is for four 12s, and the biggest problem is that i live in the middle east, all of the prices over here are insane and no one knows about sound systems, i had to choose everything by myself without anyone helping me because all they know over here is to add a jbl pipe subwoofer with a 350 watt sony stereo amp :P

I would buy my subs and then design a box for them instead of trying to find 12's that will do good in your box. And since stuff costs so much over there, you would probobly be better off going with two more powerful 12's than 4 less powerfull 12s...and then build your own box for the 12s. Of course, you don't have to go with 12s... How much space do you have in your car, and how much power do you want to achieve?

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

I would buy my subs and then design a box for them instead of trying to find 12's that will do good in your box. And since stuff costs so much over there, you would probobly be better off going with two more powerful 12's than 4 less powerfull 12s...and then build your own box for the 12s. Of course, you don't have to go with 12s... How much space do you have in your car, and how much power do you want to achieve?

Definitely agree. Subs matter but the box is the most important. How they deal with the air determines how the subs perform in your vehicle. Maybe 2k's subs are the best in the world but put them in my box and they're crap. So I would first get subs that you want and then get a good box for them. 2 12's could easily outperform 4 12's depending on how the box is built.

Maybe I'm a groupie but I'd go with rockford fosgate. Good prices, great quality. There's cheaper stuff out there, and there's better quality out there. But they seem to be about average or a little above average for price and some of the best products.

But again, just my noob opinion!

Sheena = pedobear

hello guys im looking for 4 powerful 12s but my biggest problem will be be the power because i dont think that any company makes alternators for my car and i dont have much space, heres a picture of my work :) it took me a week to build this box

544507_10151917584480083_536565761_n.jpg

541644_10151917586495083_1072933075_n.jpg

sorry for the bad quality pics, ill upload better quality ones later on, im on 5 amps and 2 sets of hertz hsk 165s and 4 hqr3000 kenwood subs

What type of car is that?

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Hmm...well we have land cruisers, I just don't know anything about prados...so I can't really help you out on getting a HO alt. but then again, I don't know all that much anyway, so maybe someone else can help you. But back on the topic of your system...whats your budget?

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

The most important question is how much money do you want to spend on your entire system.

Edit: I see you already stated your budget. Sundown makes pretty popular amps and subs, people seem to love them here, and they're priced very competitively in my opinion. I have no experience with them myself though.

How much internal square feet is your box?

Oh and BTW, your installation work looks great:)

Edited by Born_Again