Second Skin Audio

Tuning Question, I really wanna peak at a lower frequency!!! please tell me what i should do?

Any other suggestions? Awnsers, or Advice? I dont mind constructive criticism!

yup 5k a piece...

but kicker advertises there ratings in a sealed box though...

true rms of the sub is probly around 3 MAYBE 4k in a properly designed 8 cube ported enclosure.

fucking kicker over rates there subs tbh.

sealed and ported rating are different. solo x's work just fine in both types.

back when i was running the solo x 18, i was running it in 12ft^3 tuned at 22hz, and passband was acceptable. i was also running 8k rms to it, and never had any problems. its all in the enclosure, once that is right, your thermal and mechanical power handling will be where it needs to be.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Okay yeah I have never really looked at the solo x series but they still sound like some decent subs.Even at 3k rated that's still pretty good. Either way if you want to peak lower like Audiofanaticz said your going to have to tune around the high 20's maybe even low 20's.Really that's the only way.You can input you box dimensions in Torres and then just tweak your port until you get everything right.That's really the only thing you can do.

MMkay, but i cant friggin get that calc to work for my life...ive tried. any chance u can help me on that?

Edited by AllanLuberda

Any other suggestions? Awnsers, or Advice? I dont mind constructive criticism!

yup 5k a piece...

but kicker advertises there ratings in a sealed box though...

true rms of the sub is probly around 3 MAYBE 4k in a properly designed 8 cube ported enclosure.

fucking kicker over rates there subs tbh.

sealed and ported rating are different. solo x's work just fine in both types.

back when i was running the solo x 18, i was running it in 12ft^3 tuned at 22hz, and passband was acceptable. i was also running 8k rms to it, and never had any problems. its all in the enclosure, once that is right, your thermal and mechanical power handling will be where it needs to be.

I absolutly agree, but im a rookie box designer, and an OK wood worker, I am a carpenter by trade.

but yeah before i got these two solo x's I had just 1 on the full 10k, I wont lie it took probly 9-10k for a good 10-15 minutes before it popped.

But my box probly wasnt designed as well as yours.

Okay yeah I have never really looked at the solo x series but they still sound like some decent subs.Even at 3k rated that's still pretty good. Either way if you want to peak lower like Audiofanaticz said your going to have to tune around the high 20's maybe even low 20's.Really that's the only way.You can input you box dimensions in Torres and then just tweak your port until you get everything right.That's really the only thing you can do.

MMkay, but i cant friggin get that calc to work for my life...ive tried. any chance u can help me on that?

Sure can just give me your box dimensions and I can help you out

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Sure can just give me your box dimensions and I can help you out

are my links working? "on top" Its pics of my equip n build.

The demensions are complicated, will his box calc, calculate for a barn house box design?

I haven't learned how to do those type of designs yet. Didn't see the links earlier.Sorry. Maybe one of the box designers will chime in

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I haven't learned how to do those type of designs yet. Didn't see the links earlier.Sorry. Maybe one of the box designers will chime in

Thanks anyways bro, yeah i hope some1 can help me out.

still wondering why kicker doesnt recommend -35Hz

what are the cons? will i damage my subs?