Second Skin Audio

securing enclosure in trunk?

So what do you guys do to keep your box from sliding around in the trunk?

Personally, I've got mine held in place by L brackets on every side of it screwed into the body, but some of them are starting to loose their bite i think, i get some side to side movement, but none front to back. I don't wanna screw into my gas tank or anything, and I'm wanting to build a new box and some amp racks...so yeah, what do you guys do to keep your boxes in place?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

carpeted box and trunk=box dont move in my car :clapping:

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

L-brackets. if not fastened then it can be very dangerous in a car accident

Edit: didn't read enough. I have a false floor made of 3/4" MDF to drill into that makes fastening boxes better

Edited by Crandis16

bullshit it doesn't move, try slamming on your breaks on the highway and see if it doesn't move...friction is not enough, especially if you get into an accident, figure a sheet of MDF at 75lbs, thats a box right there, add in a pair of decent 12s, 20lbs each, thats now a 115lb weight waiting to be thrown when your car goes from moving to stopped in a fraction of a second.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Edit: didn't read enough. I have a false floor made of 3/4" MDF to drill into that makes fastening boxes better

Or hilarious. Depends on your involvement in the situation, from an onlookers perspective it's a damned good show.

I'm gonna hate

they are fastened, just don't really trust them. The frame that holds the back seat is a beast though, all tube steel and held in place by 4 decent sized bolts (the setback itself i mean)... I may look into making a false floor around the box to screw the l brackets too.....i don't have the heigh to give up 3/4 of an inch back there. I know they bit the sheet metal, i just don't know how much i trust them, which is why they are about every 4 inches across the back of my box....

If your box slides around, your subs aren't heavy enough.

my box weighs enough (over 120lbs) but it slides from side to side still....which is annoying me....once i get me that fucking X or Zcon 15...mmmm....man i need school to end so i can make money.

bullshit it doesn't move, try slamming on your breaks on the highway and see if it doesn't move...friction is not enough, especially if you get into an accident, figure a sheet of MDF at 75lbs, thats a box right there, add in a pair of decent 12s, 20lbs each, thats now a 115lb weight waiting to be thrown when your car goes from moving to stopped in a fraction of a second.

Yeah. I have a lightweight setup, but going 35 to 0 in less than 2 seconds, the box actually snapped the bolts holding my rear deck to the seats and got stuck between. I had to kick it out. Both box and trunk are carpeted =/

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S