wanna go active with my set up!! HELP??

so hi guys i just got an alpine CDA-9887 head unit and just first off i have to say its awesome.. but its kinda odd to use for a beginner. i have been into audio for a while now and have the basics of wiring and building enclosures but the tuning of amps and head units is still a little beyond me. for a sub amp i have a kicker kx 2500.1, i don't have subs yet. and also i am wanting do to an active set up and i heard this is the perfect head unit for doing that. i also have two older alpine MRV-f545 4 channel amps. so my question to all of you is what would be the best mids and his to run to keep up with the kicker 2500 where is the best placement for these speakers. and how do i tune my digital amp and head unit to accommodate this active set up. well thank you for all your time i appreciate any help that is given.

by the way i forgot to mention that i will be running two 15s on the 2500 just not sure which ones yet i was thinking fosgate power HX2' or some power T2's but i'm open to suggestions and also its a 2000 Cadillac escalade

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

Use one amp for 4 tweeters and the other for 4 6.5's, thats the easy way. Or 8 6.5's if you put 2 on each channel. Depends how much fab work you want to do.

Amp crossovers set to 'off' or 'through'. All your crossovers set on the headunit.

Just need to find components that match up with the power the amps put out.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

well i was hoping that i could use like 2 8" crescendo midranges and 6 6.5" crescendo mids and then a seperate amp for there super tweeters they have

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

so hear me out then if i had two seperate 4 channel amps so thats 8 channels. on one 4 channel amp could i run 4 6" midranges on the front channel and 4 6" midranges on the rear channel. then on the second amp could i do 2 8" midranges on one channel and then 4 tweeters on the other channel?? and would 4 crescendo 2" super tweeters be enough to keep up with all the midranges???

there would end up being 1 8" midrange and two 6" mid range in each front door one 6" mid in the kick panel, and one 6" mid in the rear door. then either two or four tweeters in each front door depending on what impedance tweeters i get?? sound good

Edited by jbiddle.com

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

yeah the crossovers on the amp is really good though it does from like 40 hz to 4k hz or something like that

well thanks for the advice if any one else has advice too im all ears.. also how do i use the graphic eq on the head unit i have. i cant seem to find it

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

switch it to the parametric, the sad part is, i can get to it without thinking if my HU was in front of me, without looking at it, but i THINK if your press A. Select or whatever the below and to the right of the button, you get the menu for x-overs, time correction, EQ. I can't tell you how to navigate and use everything right now, like i said, i can do it without looking, but i need it in front of me to tel you where it all is.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

yeah i know how to use parametric eq and crossover and time correction and all that but everyone keeps saying there is a graqhic eq on my deck and i have still yet to find it

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

why do you want a graphic EQ? 5 band parametric>7 Band graphic.

I don't remember how to switch between graphic and parametric, i think you have to go into the menu by holding down that little black button, audio, then its an option in there, if not, it may be one of the ones you have to set with the HU off. I don't know why you would want to go graphic when you can do parametric though, parametric EQs are way better....

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.