Jump to content

looking for some full ranges or 2 mids, 2 highs at 50 rms each


Jordan Guess

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a rockford fosgate r300-4 and am looking for 6.5's x 4. Currently I am not sure if I want some mid-basses in the back doors and full ranges up front or full ranges all around. I drive a 1999 ford ranger XLT extended cab and have custom installed 2 alpine SPS 4" full ranges down by the stick shift facing up, and a quantum tweeter on each side door by the ear (all running off the head unit). I have two DD 1508's in the back running off a power acoustic BAMF-2000 (600 watts rms for each sub[sad dirty power for the DD's]) I also have a clarion equalizer installed which i am running into trouble tuning with that rockford amp and my sub amp. I currently tried 2 of those cheap $8 focals in the rear off the amp and didn't get good results at all. If anyone could recommend some speakers that will be cohesive with my current setup and amp that would be great. and also any instruction for the equalizer would be nice to. Thanks!

Posted

http://www.sonicelec...e-SPE-6000.html

You already have Alpine speakers, correct? If you're happy with them, I recommend these Type E 6.5's. These are 60W RMS, so they fit your RMS requirement, or come close.

I also like these Pioneer's.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11269_Pioneer-TS-D1602R.html

You didn't mention a price range. These are also 60W RMS.

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

Posted

oooo those pioneers look pretty sexy. and have a nice frequency range on them. anybody got any other recommendations?

I like these, too. Out of all the sets, I think the Pioneers will have the best overall sound. These Infinity will have good clarity, but sound a bit bright and have kind of weak low end, but they are a great value:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18903_Infinity-Reference-6032cf.html

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 791 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...