Surround Sound Sub Options

Okay. I am looking to build some sort of surround sound system for my computer. My main concern right now is the sub.

After looking around my room, I have 2 options open to put subs. Under the desk, or under my bed. I personally like the bass to come from behind, so under the bed was the best choice. The usable space under my bed is 16 cubic feet.

These are only computer speakers, not a full movie theater surround sound system, so nothing too drastic is needed... I was thinking like 2 10's or a single 12. The large space available, combined with the fact that it's home audio leads me to tend towards the FI IB3 series. Would you pick a single FI IB3 12? 2 of em? A single Fi Q 12? 2 Fi Q 10's? Something else entirely? What would you guys do?

What do you have to power the woofer(s)?

Anything I want. But the plan was for a Behringer iNuke NU1000. I don't want something too powerful... I am already going to have a surround sound system for the really loud stuff... I mainly just want something that can hit the low low notes and such.

I wouldn't go with more than one of those subs if you want to exploit those. There is only single vc models IB3 which I find negative in this situation. I've heard nothing but bad to bridge "cheap" home amplifiers. If the amp is bridged, the amp will see the ohm load 2x times less than it really is, which mean for this amplifier 2 ohms for a 4dvc sub. It will get loud anyways even though you wont exploit the woofer properly...

Okay guys... I'm still unsure of my best option here.

My options right now are:

2 x Fi IB3 12's (Infinite baffle with a total of 16 cubes)

2 x Fi Q 12's (Tuned low)

2 x FI Q 12's (Sealed)

Which would be the best option for being able to hit the lower notes in music and such? I know that 12's aren't the biggest, and don't really hit the lowest... So, which one of those options will be able to get pretty low, while still sounding good?

Archived