Sundown Audio

Im looking into the SA8 v2. Im currently running 2 12s in my trunk, and for the time being, i would like to get 1 8 and see what i can get out of it, then eventually go to 2 8s. I just love the idea of getting loud off 8s.

I have been toying with a 4th order design. What would be some good specs for a 4th order for one of these little guys?

If i get one, i plan on trying it in a number of enclosures, trying to see what works best and what i like most. I kinda want to get one of these to run my own little audio experiments with. But i don't know a lot about 4th orders, but i worked up a design for a single one of these.

Comes down to

Sealed: 0.6 cubes

Ported: 1.4 cubes tuned to 45-46Hz and 31sq in of port area (always heard run lots of port with 4th orders)

I have a LOT more room in my trunk than this. Im pretty sure i could run a pair of these in a 4th order if i wanted, i think i have enough space.

Basically, i want to start with one of these, and experiment with different enclosures over time. But i want to start with a 4th order. What do you guys think of the specs for this? What would you change, and for what reason (not because i know everything, but i want to know why I'm wrong). Think one of these could handle 750-800w daily?

I know this won't be as loud as my 12s, and i really don't care, i want to see what i can do with some 8s. Start with one, get the most i can out of it (overall, SQL, not SQ, not SPL) then get a 2nd, then maybe one day get a 3rd. I have enough room for 3 DD1508s ported, i know that, so i imagine i could fit 3 of these ported.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Daily driver in a trunk car without folding seats or an armrest hole, not an SPL vehicle.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

There is always something you can do about the folding seats. Right now in my 05 impala (which also doesn't have folding seats) I'm working on actually converting them to folding. You can also cut a hole in the top of the rear allowing sound waves to enter the cabin easier.

I only mention this to hopefully spark some ideas since I can tell you don't REALLY need advice (especially not from me).

I'm currently running one sa v2 8 in the trunk of my Jetta. It's a beast of a sub that is for sure. Waiting for my second one right now. Guess the factory was short v2 motors and have to wait for the next shipment to come in for my second 8. I'm actually planning on running them in a 4th order on 700 watts. After looking and holding the v2, I believe they can take 800 watts or so no problem. But like any sub when you are over powering, you got to know it's limits. I would plan on putting the motor structure in the ported section so you can smell if you are getting the coils too hot.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

That was already the plan. I wanna go with one of these cuz I'm bored with my stereo, i don't care if 1 8 won't be as loud as 2 12s, i more just want to have something i can experiment with, and 1 quality 8 leaves lots of room for that, lol. LMK how that 4th order sounds.