Second Skin Audio

SRT8 Jeep sound deadening help?

I have a 2010 Jeep Grand cherokee SRT8 system build in the works for my weekend driver.

2 SMD 18" subs

around 3500-5k watts each so lets talk deadening.

My goals are " I want it to sound golden "

Order of importance when it comes to price:

1) no squeaks, rattles

2) better sound quality

3) better spl

Thanks!

Fantom

If you want it to sound "golden" I'd recommend something heavy duty like Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner in the doors, transmission hub, headliner, and floors.

Also we will need pics of the SRT8, not because it's a nice car or anything, just cause...

I'm gonna hate

i would do the ss damp pro, with a layer of luxury liner on the flow under the carpet, and trim panels so you get maximum sound quality, also add deadening do the back of the door panels, make sure they dont rattle either.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

You don't have to cover the panels if money is an issue but for sure the damp pro on all metal that can be reached would make a world of difference. Lux liner is great but for it to be 100 percent affective you need 100% coverage. Not like damp pro. I have a door pack of damp pro and pack of alpha and it's night and day difference in the way it sounds. No exhaust drone and not nearly as much road noise

You don't have to cover the panels if money is an issue but for sure the damp pro on all metal that can be reached would make a world of difference. Lux liner is great but for it to be 100 percent affective you need 100% coverage. Not like damp pro. I have a door pack of damp pro and pack of alpha and it's night and day difference in the way it sounds. No exhaust drone and not nearly as much road noise

Budget for sound deadening is around 300-350

Fantom

With a $300-$350 budget, I would opt for the b-stock Damp Pro OR regular Damplifier to give you more material to achieve a higher percentage of coverage.

Hit the roof, doors, and lift gate with the Damp/Damp Pro. Aim for 50%+ coverage (for SPL reasons).

Once the vibration mat is installed, line the entire floor with LLP. Full coverage is needed for the best results. This will greatly lower the overall noise level inside the vehicle caused by exhaust, tire, and road noise.

Rattles and squeaks, get some OverKill and install it behind all of the plastic trim. This will isolate the trim and stop the rattles.

I haven't measured or came up with an estimate on square footage of a 2010 Jeep Cherokee, but I would say you'd be damn near close to your budget.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png