Sonic Electronix

wtf anyone had a headunit catch fire?

no way if u look in my build long u can see they are insulated real nice everything wired away from everything else

im quite confused, wonder if it was just the deck or something with the car, car seems find deck is fucked lol so it leads me to believe faulty deck but really ???? that seems very odd

especially for it to malfunction and basically catch fire

yeah just checked out you build log. sweet amp rack btw. but yeah that definitely seems like the deck malfunctioned. you should email alpine the pictures and let them know what happened. your lucky you caught that fast because it could have definitely ended worse.

yea im super lucky about that.... car was parked under a huge front deck, so if the car went up the house would have been up aswell, i got plenty of fire extinguishers but its just not something that i wanted to do

thanks, i want to rebuild the amprack from metal and actuator it so its a little more "pleasing" to the eye and i dont have to curl the +60lbs of amps each time anyone wants to see the subs or amps

im thinking about emailing alpine but i got it off craigslist, soooo i donno if they will even work with me, its always worth a shot...

saw a pioneer 880prs in the for sale section. sorry to hear about that deck fire though.

i might have to check that out, im leaning towards a screen tho, ive always wanted one might be about that time.... im just glad my amps and car are ok

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

well if your wanting a screen then maybe it was just the deck saying get a damn touchscreen already im tired of the bass rattling my insides. lol

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

^^^^hahaha yea it was pretty fucking wild man wish i had a video of me running pealing out must have taken 6 jump leaps in the same spot before i started moving, and i ate shit right there on the next step, but damn i made it down there fast hahaha, i know fires hot, electrical fires sometimes hotter but holy fuck that head-unit was scorching thought i grabbed something out of the oven, craziness!!!!

just talk to alpine, you have to file a complaint and then the supervisors look at them, should get a email back monday, hopefully they dont get mad i opened it up.... either way it still would have caught fire

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Man bet I had one hole when I was puttin it in I'm glad a had three decks in my car

what?

and ur edit

Let me fix that blow in my hands puttin it in

man that was my bad

proper english on both please :lol2:

Team bassin chevys

^^ still not fixed. and did you wirte inside of the quote? if so i proclaim it a triple fail in a single post. didnt fix/explain either post you made so thats 2 and you wrote inside the qoute that makes 3. maybe we should add a 4th fail for the lack of thinking before posting any of the three posts?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.