So the fender, door, and bed side are matte after wet sanding and repeatedly buffing and polishing. It looks really good, as in no scratches or swirls it's just matte or semi-gloss.

311503_391853330862771_938067394_n.jpg

Before it was scratched and I did some minor body work and blended in some color. When I sprayed the clear it was hot and dry, but the gun was shitty and there wasn't enough reserve in the air tank and it would run out between coats and get really rough. So I wet sanded and buffed it. I know I'm not into the color yet but it kinda sucks cuz it could have been the humidity that night and last few days since I sprayed it, or it wasn't cured yet and I wet sanded it to quick. On the other side I did a scuff and it cam out fine. It's just on the new clear.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

Hmmm. If the clear that you laid is dull and the other side is fine after cutting and buffing, I would suspect something to do with the clear itself. What brand clear did you use? Also, could of been off on the ratio while mixing. Should of gotten a slow activator if you where in a hot climate.

Hmmm. If the clear that you laid is dull and the other side is fine after cutting and buffing, I would suspect something to do with the clear itself. What brand clear did you use? Also, could of been off on the ratio while mixing. Should of gotten a slow activator if you where in a hot climate.

thats my second guess behind him not allowing enough of a dry time between base and clear. chemicals could rise through the base into the clear during curing

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

thats my second guess behind him not allowing enough of a dry time between base and clear. chemicals could rise through the base into the clear during curing

True. I didn't even think about that. Too short of a base cure time will mess up how the clear goes on.

It was for hot climates. Prob not high humidity though. I think my problem could have been the humidity that night and next day. Or cure time before I wet sanded. It was about 72hours but humid the entire time. I was just wondering if time could fix it then i wet sand it again and hope all the clear has cured out underneath.

And I allowed lots of flash time. It was super hot that day so I went inside between. lol

The clear is an off brand but was fine before I wet sanded it.

Edited by JMZNeal

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

meh.. sounds like the quality of the clear is to blame. you allowed plenty of flash (or you may have thought) but the humidity could have worked against you and kept the coats from drying fully

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

meh.. sounds like the quality of the clear is to blame. you allowed plenty of flash (or you may have thought) but the humidity could have worked against you and kept the coats from drying fully

Yeah I don't use anything lower grade than dupont clear. I'll use nason paint or etc, but I always use a quality clear. I also spray out of a Binks MG1 with no less than a 60 gallon comp with a 3 stage decicant dryer, filter, regulator with 2 more disposible inline filters on the bottom of my gun. Can never have enough filtration while spraying. lol