If you made the port shorter it would raise the tuning right?

pretty much making the box smaller or changing the size of the opening of the port will raise the tuning. problem is, the internal volume has to be as close to 1cu ft for this sub. i've changed the box size to be the correct tuning, but it changes the box's volume to around .5-.8cu ft. changing the size of the port will change the ports volume, and that has to be 30cu in.

(didnt realize til i uploaded. the flat line is tuned to 44hz at 1cu ft. the more gradual one is set to how the box is now.)

line23.jpg

Honestly that response curve looks horrible. Ignore the manufacturer specs for the sub just see what models best in winisd. Don't limit it to 1 cube.

i'd like to make it as flat as possible. making it any higher than 1 cube will give it a tiny bump around 50hz. not like they're designed for spl anyway. they only have a 4mm xmax and i don't have the manufacturer's recommendations, nor can i find them anywhere. i feel like the t-line is just a no-go until i can get help from someone who's done it before.

• 2 weeks later...