Sundown Audio

amp sooooo hot

PardeTime

OK, so I redid my system today. First off I have 2 12" RE SE Pro series dual 4 ohm subs. I went with 0 gauge cable goes from stock battery (located in trunk) to a kinetik hc600 then to a second hc600. Then to a 100 amp fuse then finally to my amp which is this. http://americanbassusa.com/product.detail/product_id/141.

I have it all to 1 ohm. And my alternator is 160 amp. The gain is set to halfway.

Today was the first day of running with new amp and upgraded wire. I noticed a bad smell, touched the amp and it was burning hot. I mean HOT! I don't wanna fry the amp as I just bought it...any ideas what's going on? Ate these amps supposed to get that hot? Input is appreciated.

What wire size ? Bad ground ? How were gains set? Bass boost on ? What is you subs wired to final impedance load ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I think you'll be getting a little more than 2k out of that beat. What 0 gauge, is it OFC? You need more battery powah!

EDIT: It's a small-case amp too, so get it some airflow, and check deck bass boost setting/EQ. "Half-way" does not mean unclipped, either.

I'm gonna hate

You should probably use a bigger fuse for a 0 gauge link, too.

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

I haven't put a meter on it. Not sure of final load. As far as I know it's 1 ohm. The gain is on half the lpf is on 0 the bass boost is on 0 the sonic sub filter is on 0. The wire is full copper scorpion x. The ground is my negative on main battery. I never had any hot issue with my old quantum amp. On my deck bass is all the way down. Sub setting is on +2

100 amp fuse for an amp that requires a 150 amp.

half gain means literally nothing. you could very well be clipping the living shit out of that amp, but no one will know if the amp wasnt tuned with the proper equipment

Yes your starving the amp of power that coukd cause it to heat up. Inproper gain setting could also cause it too heat up .

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Archived