Jump to content

Dual Midbass. 1 amp per pair or 1 per side?


Vito Basser

Recommended Posts

Posted

What seems to be done most when running dual midbasses off 2 amps

Would you run 1 amp per pair or 1 amp per door?

1 amp is run off the H/U and the second is daisy chained to it (through pass through).

Posted

You could always run a 4 channel and run a driver off each channel? and tune appropriately....

Or a 2 channel and wire up a side to each channel...

Posted

Basically I have 2 pairs of RE XXX midbass and 2 RF T600.2. I am running active off an Alpine 9887.

I have been running 1 amp per pair (in either door) and I think I'm getting cancellation possibly cause I am using the passthru which is in turn putting 1 set slightly out of phase.

The only way I seem to get any half decent midbass is if I low pass 1 set @ 500hz (on the amp) and have the other playing (all pass on the amp) from 63hz @ 18db/oct up to 3.2khz 12db/oct

Both midbass are in 1 oval shaped baffle so quite close and sharing the same airspace.

Posted

I defo wanna use both amps. Just want to know if there is a better way of wiring it or not.The midbass' are 2ohm so don't really want to wire a pair up.

Don't get me wrong they sound very good I was just looking at if I can make any improvements to my current system.

Probably have audio paranoia :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1874 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...