Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok one thing is that is not recommended to install an amp on an enclosure as vibration can damage the amp, also you have to decide if you want to go with a larger net volume and finally if you can provide the model of the vehicle this is going in.

Posted

Its getting a double baffle on the face of it and thick rubber under the amp legs to prevent any damage, I know its not good for the amps to be mounted on the enclosure.... And if you strongly recommened against it still any thoughts then...

Posted

I was also going shallow and long like that to prevent sliding around in the vehicle or tipping over, as if that would be a problem with a 53 lb motor lol, my two tens in there box now slide to all beat hell in my 99 olds eighty eight, so I ratchet strapped to the trunk frame to the ports on both sides....

Posted (edited)

Here is a suggestion for your venture:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 36 Hz

Vb = 1.25 ft^3

External Height = 11 in

External Width = 37.75 in

External Depth = 11.5 in

Port Width = 2 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 37 3/4 x 11 1/2

Left & Right Sides =

Side 1 = 10 x 8 3/4

Side 2 = 10 3/4 x 8 3/4

Front = 34 3/4 x 8 3/4

Back = 37 3/4 x 8 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 7 3/4 x 8 3/4

Extension = 16 1/4 x 8 3/4

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PUSB10-WIDE.jpg

I would like to see 2 12s there instead of this, is a worthy sub but that vehicle is huge. Anyways let me know of any modifications or questions you may have.

Edited by Joe X
Posted

That is a rather huge lookin box, I do appreciate it, and yes I would love to see 2 in there as well, at 440$ start for one its tough....kids put my dreams off week after week, its always something that takes daddys savings lol... If I can save up enough I might need a box design for two!!! But for now I think that will be the winner!!! Thanks joe for your help, ill see what I can do about a link for some pics of the other box you gave me the help on....looks pretty schnazzy, cutom fabric on it as well....thanks again joe!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 912 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...