Setting crossovers? (A different kind of question)

I was thinking about when setting high pass/infrasonic and low pass crossovers..

As I understand it:

When setting a high pass/infrasonic, the crossover knob is turned all the way down, the unit is set, then slowly turned up until the unit registers a -3db change in the output voltage of the source(amp, external crossover, etc)

Then when setting a low pass, the crossover knob is turned all the way up, the unit is set, then slowly turned down until the unit registers a -3db change in the output voltage of the source.

My question: Since the respective crossover knobs have to be turned opposite directions after pressing 'read' on the cc-1 to set them, how can the up and down arrows on the unit be pertinent for each?

Note: I am not bashing or criticizing the product in any way. I am just asking a question that has been on my mind since I don't have a cc-1 in front of me to play with and answer my own question :)

• 4 weeks later...

I believe It's opposite for the infrasonic, up is down and down is up. I don't own one, but test it out. If the down arrow is right when setting the lpf, then setting Hpf's it will be opposite.

Yeah, but I didn't see the manual mention that. Although I may have missed it.

/confusedface