Second Skin Audio

What is my box tuned too?!?!?!

no i just bought the E's their en route and i had this box awhile, i DO NOT wanna damage them, i take advice wisely. so playing high 20's and 30's in this crappy box should be avoided correct? i figure another week or so ill have about enough to get a design by ram and buy the supplies. $175 is enough to fab something to this extent right? I figure 5 cubes ish and about 29hz tuning although sundown reccomends 35hz probably cuz ths Fs of the woofer is 35.8. Can anyone shed light on Fs of woofer and box tuning. not breaking balls here just simple conversation ;-)

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

SSA has a great design for free its pretty intricate ( intricate 2 me lol) but unfortunately its only for a single woofer setup darnit. and its for the Dcon anyway

Edited by severancej

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

no i just bought the E's their en route and i had this box awhile, i DO NOT wanna damage them, i take advice wisely. so playing high 20's and 30's in this crappy box should be avoided correct? i figure another week or so ill have about enough to get a design by ram and buy the supplies. $175 is enough to fab something to this extent right? I figure 5 cubes ish and about 29hz tuning although sundown reccomends 35hz probably cuz ths Fs of the woofer is 35.8. Can anyone shed light on Fs of woofer and box tuning. not breaking balls here just simple conversation ;-)

in a box tuned that high. dont play low notes like that.

5 cubes? you have 12's dude...

you need 3-4 cubes tuned to around 35hz.

will playing high 20s with a 35 tune damage them also idk what it is with me and low notes like 28 n stuff its just ive never felt or heard them notes like they should be in a proper setup and idk im not loaded or anything as yu can see by my gear, are those notes all their made out to be or what? R they all that audible anyway?

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

Play a range of known frequencies, one at a time, all at about 1/2 volume. The frequency your sub moves the least will be your tuning frequency.

Try not to play 1/2 octave lower than tuning.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

so 5 cubes for is too big for these bad boys? ive seen posts on here about using a bigger box to get more output with less wattage and my t500 would be considered just that i have a feeling these E series are going to laugh at 800 watts lol

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

Only go bigger if you're gonna tune lower. I have an 8" RE that's in a box twice the size recommended tuned stupid low that plays the low notes in Put On, Rack City and Twista's Yellow LIght.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Only go bigger if you're gonna tune lower. I have an 8" RE that's in a box twice the size recommended tuned stupid low that plays the low notes in Put On, Rack City and Twista's Yellow LIght.

no back pressure ftw, i guess

ok hell yea. Cause that guy who posted "dude i have 12s" threw me off... will the 30s still sound great tuned at 28? Can someone help me with a build design??

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

Don't tune to 28, PERIOD. Mid 30s is the more ideal setup in a car/truck. You'll have a drastic roll off into your high 30s and 40s(where most of your bass is heard). With tuning that low, your subs will be worthless in the frequencies that you really want. Without the subs putting out that sound, you'd BETTER have a strong Mid-range that can hit 40s, like Sundown SA8 v2's.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.