Second Skin Audio

Mismatched subs, in pairs

you're looking for mid bass drivers. Those kenwoods are subs, not gonna work as planned.

thanks, until just now i didn't know the difference lol.

you're looking for mid bass drivers. Those kenwoods are subs, not gonna work as planned.

thanks, until just now i didn't know the difference lol.

if you want big mid bass for decent price look at crescendo's or seleniums.

crescendo 6-10"

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/index.php/products/pro-audio.html

seleniums 6-8"

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-424

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

You can use a 12" for midbass but I wouldn't try it in a passive system. It can be done but active would be better. You can have overlapping x-over points too. Just experiment to see what sounds best. There location would depend on how high you are x'ing them over. Anything under ~4-500hz will be omnidirectional so they can go in the back door, front door, rear deck, kicks, etc. Keep in mind that the location in the car will change how they perform even given the same size enclosure so experiment. You don't have to be this critical but I thought I would throw that out there. In a lot of the systems I've seen and heard it is the rattles that localize the midbass speakers and not necessarily the freq. response. Hope that helps.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

They will be active for sure, figured i let them play as low as they want and low pass then around 150 or so, I can always bump the high pass up to whatever i need if it cancels out for some reason. I'm just saying I have band-pass capability no problem.

It's just an experiment anyway. I have 0 funds right now and can't do anything with the car so I just need something to keep me busy on my days off. Gotta save up for an alt and batteries and an amp and ...... you know how it is.