Sundown Audio

been trying to figure this out but ill let you guys decide whats going on, got 2 12 sa subs on a audioque 1200d and my current prefab box specs are below, i dont play my subs full tilt alot, idk why thats just me..i dont even play a full song full tilt, however when i do play my subs full tilt but once in awhile the dustcap gets warm, its been hot and humid out and dont play them till its dark so its cool off but maybe the subs are still warm since it was hot out? my gains where set with a dd-1 -10db track

im giving them a soft clip so theres nothing wrong with that, here are my box specs below..not sure if the box plays a big factor into it.

since its prefab the box is prob smaller

Width 34 Depth 18 Height 16 Vent Width 3.75 Vent Height 14 Vent Length 26 Vent Dim 52.5 Hz (Tuning Frequency) 38 Gross Cu. Ft. 2.25 Net Cu. Ft. 1.8

How does voltage look while you're getting these things warm? They should be able to take much more power(clean power) than you're giving them. How are you grounds as well? Is the amp getting hot also? What about the wire(power and ground) going into the amp, is it hot as well?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

do -5 not -10

whats wrong with -10? i dont play alot of decaf full tilt thats the only reason i see it, unless -5 is for all around playing full tilt

i dont have a dd-1 a guy that lives about 2hrs away set it up and im pretty sure he said track 5 witch is -10db

the amp doesnt get hot or warm, i have 1/0g for power and ground as well as big 3. 4g running of back battery. wire doesnt get warm ither, so since i dont have access to a dd-1 should i just turn the gain down a hair or will that not do anything? i played em full tilt a few times before and they where cool, i know when its hot out and humid my amp and subs get warm, i dont even play them, i assume its just from the heat that there still warm so after i play them and check the dustcap there still the same temp thats why i think there warm? maybe its a dumb theroy

How warm are they getting. Mine always got a little warm but not HOT. I was running 1000 or so to it. SO you should be golden with a AQ1200 and 2 of em. I have an email from sundown somewhere that says it ok if it gets warm but if its hot to the touch its no bueno...and that they have actually taken the sa-12 to the point of smoking and then the coils still checked fine with a dmm.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

are they just luke warm or something

what do you mean kranny?

there just alittle warm, only time they been pretty warm is when its hot out, but theres 2 nights where i felt my subs before i played them and they were nice and cool since it wasnt a hot day and when i played them they where the same temp so didnt get warm