Is my Kenwood setup any good?

J R

Got a kicker zx350.4 for my amp and in my 2 door 69 camaro looking to do a set of Kenwood 6x8's on the back shelf. Model number:

KFC-C6894PS.

For each door I listened to a set of

KFC-P709PS

6.5's for the front and loved them. Is this a pretty decent/reliable setup for my car?

Not sure if the formatting on the post is wrong from copy pasting model numbers. If so, I apologize.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Posting model numbers is a great idea. Most guys on here don't prefer anything oval shaped, myself included. It's a better sound to usually get a round speaker to fit on that hole. Like 6.5 components, or coaxials. I'm not a huge fan of coaxials even, but your 6X8s in question are coax. Kenwood makes ok speakers, but the excelons would probably be where I'd spend money if going Kenwood soundstage. What kind of bass are you going to need to match, so we can determine if the Kenwoods would suit your build? Also, you plan on amping these speakers, correct?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yes the speakers will be on a Kicker ZX350.4 amp. I have to have 6.5 inch component in the front doors and it has to have a 1 inch tweeter. It's just the way the door is cut right now and I don't plan on cutting anymore on the door. I need to match two Memphis Mojo QVC 15's on a ZX2500.1 sitting in the back seat :P. If not the ovals in the back, then two more 6.5 component/coax speakers? I'm trying not to spend too much.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

I know you don't want to cut into that beautiful car.... you have pics of it BTW? you could do 5.25's in the back with an adapter and you MIGHT be able to do 6.5's depending on how much space you have to work with in the rear deck without any cutting.

what were the speakers rated at again?

Me personally, yes, I'd add another set of components. Those subs will rape your sound stage, if in a proper box and your electrical is up to par. I'd suggest some mids that can handle some serious power for your door speakers. Maybe run at 2 ohm to get more of of the amp.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've heard great things on the Hertz speakers, I know they might be out of your budget though, but for just starting a system I like to start out small and slowly build up from there.

Yeah I will definitely be upgrading everything in the long run. I think Crandis can vouch for me that yes my electrical is plenty up to par LOL. The front Kenwoods (6.5s) are rated at 80rms each. And as for the back deck, I have no issue cutting into that its got a roll cage sticking through the original 6x9 holes, I just plan on having to cut more anyways. The doors are out in the open and are all pretty so those I'd like to leave alone. Oh and as for the box, yes it is built to spec. I may be getting two 15 inch Fi BLs they would also be perfect in the box.

PS: Crandis, how do I add pictures on the thread? I only figured out how to add on my profile picture.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

are you really going to add all of that weight to your street machine ... looks to me like you may have done alot of work to remove weight for performance ...

My suggestions would be to use a pair of 6x9 coaxs in the rear and a pair of 6.5 coaxs in low in the front doors off of a small foot print 4 channel amp or power them by the headunit and be done with it ... Get you a daily ride to weigh down with stereo ...

but, its your ride ... just my suggestion here, I had me a street machine Camaro back in the day ... well, actually 3 of them (71,83, and a 85) ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Oh I plan on it being easily and completely removeable. The 4 channel amp, line driver, and whatever component speakers I go with will be semi permanent. The extra batteries and subs+amp will be removed any time it's not going to a car show or competition. My daily already has a setup It just got old. That's awesome though I also have a 73 and a 84. The 73 is completely original with less than 35k miles it's my baby.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

i dont really think that those speaker and amp combo can keep up with a zx2500 just sayin

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint