Second Skin Audio

Smelling coil? driving me nuts!

Have u tried poping them yet?

Is it the same amp the one moving less both times?

Might be an amp issue causing the subs to work against each other, hence the smell..... mine did that at the beginning because one coil was wired wrong, havnt had a problem since and I run 5k to each so im pretty sure power to the sub isn't the issue

Is the phase on one amp off?

are the settings on the amp the same?

do you have a clamp meter can u clam each amp indivually?

Yes, I have a clamp (need some help on using it)

Both amps settings are identical, Phase is off on both amps (they are not strapped)

Yes I did a pop test for each coil. I held the neg wire on the nef of 9v and touched the pos and the cone moved out. I did that for all of them.

if they all poped the proper direction it seems like the amp... try what I sujested above with 1 amp to both subs to see if they will play the same, if they still do react the same ur wiring is off

Yeah, I don;t know as i have each woofer paralell. so 4 wires from each. 2 neg 2 pos. I am betting on the amp. As with 7000 watts and only one 270amp alt i get very little voltage drop. Always thought that was good but strange. In order for me to wire both up i would have to tear apart everything and its like 100 degees oout there today so. I also had them strapped before if that means anything. They worked but the woofers both did not move very much.

Take all + and all - togetther to 1 amp for a .35 ohm load just to see if it works, then all subs should move the same

What's the box look like spects?

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Take all + and all - togetther to 1 amp for a .35 ohm load just to see if it works, then all subs should move the same

What's the box look like spects?

Yea but that would be 8 wires as each coil has its own wires. could i just run one coil from each woofer to one amp?

The box is center port tuned 33hz with each driver seeing just shy of 4 cubes. port in 17.5 deep 21" tall and 4.5" wide. If I go to clam my amps, do i put both pos wires in the clamp meter?

Do it with the outside coil of each sub, try it

Then switch to the inside coil with both subs on one amp

That will show u if its the amp or the wiring

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

when you matched them with a dmm, did you happen to turn the gain up on the one that had less voltage from after being tuned with the dd1?

I'm with Llama Face on this one. Reset gains using your dd-1 then check A.C. voltage with a dimm. Match to the lower voltage amp. Forget the clamp for now and do all this with no subs hooked up. If your voltages are way different than each other then you have a problem elsewhere.