Sundown Audio

Amp Suggestions?

Big_A

Will I be getting the full 750 watts out of the sub if I switch to 4 ohm?

1) no. since the amp says 550w at 4 ohms

2) subs dont output watts

3) your subwoofer will never see 550w if you end up wiring it at 4 ohms. no amplifiers in any system ever, are outputting X watts (listed on paper) to the subwoofers attached to them. its something called impedance rise. so that 1 ohm can automatically shoot up to 2, or 3, or 5 ohms, while playing music. but that doesn't give you an excuse to wire a 1 ohm amp at .5 ohms. or a 2 ohm amp at 1 ohm.

i dont understand why you dont just wire to 2 ohms. its better to overpower than underpower in my opinion.

RIF. The amp does 1000 @ 2 ohms hence the reason we are telling him to get a DUAL 4 OHM so he can wire it to 2 ohms and get 1000 from the amp. With rise and all other factors he should get around the 750 he wants to feed the sub.

OP, you said you're set on that equipment so get it so you don't regret it later and get pissed at those persuading you into something else. Only change you need to make is the sub. Don't get the dual 2 ohm you linked to, get it in a dual 4 ohm config.

ETA: I just realized who I quoted and responded to.... Hangs head... Disappointed...

Edited by CLNSHVNnDRAGGN

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Will I be getting the full 750 watts out of the sub if I switch to 4 ohm?

1) no. since the amp says 550w at 4 ohms

2) subs dont output watts

3) your subwoofer will never see 550w if you end up wiring it at 4 ohms. no amplifiers in any system ever, are outputting X watts (listed on paper) to the subwoofers attached to them. its something called impedance rise. so that 1 ohm can automatically shoot up to 2, or 3, or 5 ohms, while playing music. but that doesn't give you an excuse to wire a 1 ohm amp at .5 ohms. or a 2 ohm amp at 1 ohm.

i dont understand why you dont just wire to 2 ohms. its better to overpower than underpower in my opinion.

RIF. The amp does 1000 @ 2 ohms hence the reason we are telling him to get a DUAL 4 OHM so he can wire it to 2 ohms and get 1000 from the amp. With rise and all other factors he should get around the 750 he wants to feed the sub.

OP, you said you're set on that equipment so get it so you don't regret it later and get pissed at those persuading you into something else. Only change you need to make is the sub. Don't get the dual 2 ohm you linked to, get it in a dual 4 ohm config.

ETA: I just realized who I quoted and responded to.... Hangs head... Disappointed...

I liked the CVX's in my other car but it would be cool if I could pay the same price and have something that sounds better and hits just as hard as one of them. I just dont get why people are acting like the cvxs are trash. Of course they r not meant for perfect theater sound quality but theyre good bang for the buck.

Edited by Big_A

No one is saying they are trash. They are just letting you know there is better options for that price or cheaper.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Why Kicker anything, first off?

EDIT: You seem to be a little old fashioned. A lot of folks around here don't do the brand loyalty thing and anecdotal evidence really means squat. If you want the most for your dollar this is the place to come, but chances are you will never hear names like Sundown and Crescendo etc. from your friends. There's not a lot of research to do, just give us what you have to work with (space, wattage, car, budget, blah blah...) and then someone more informed than I can say "here is your best setup for that" and you will have it. I have been satisfied with the advice I have received here and have since changed my ways of thinking about which equipment to purchase.

Edited by 8ight

I'm gonna hate

Why Kicker anything, first off?

EDIT: You seem to be a little old fashioned. A lot of folks around here don't do the brand loyalty thing and anecdotal evidence really means squat. If you want the most for your dollar this is the place to come, but chances are you will never hear names like Sundown and Crescendo etc. from your friends. There's not a lot of research to do, just give us what you have to work with (space, wattage, car, budget, blah blah...) and then someone more informed than I can say "here is your best setup for that" and you will have it. I have been satisfied with the advice I have received here and have since changed my ways of thinking about which equipment to purchase.

What section did you make a thread where someone broke down the best setup for your car?