Will an 8" mid fit?

megaboom

In the stock location of a 2008 Tahoe? I mean I'm sure it can be done with minimal trimming just curious if anyone has done it and had any challenges doing so? Thanks

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

I seen 6x9 fit with no problem

Into the OEM location...? I highly doubt you could fit an 8" without making trim rings etc.

The issue being, is that the speaker in the OEM location has about a 3.25" speaker adapter. So even if you wanted to nibble away at the panel to give clearance for the basket you'd then run into an issue with clearance of the window assembly.

I'd say best bet is to just do 6.5" in the OEM adapter and a shit ton of Dynamat. I have a set of T2652-S in the OEM location right now and the midbass is unreal. And if you absolutely wanted to do an 8" buy some MDF spacers or rings online and glass them together to give you enough mounting room.

Thanks for the input I'll probably just end up doing regular comps

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

Archived