Second Skin Audio

not sure if i am totally satisfied with my sub setup and unsure which direction to go from here

DSCF2892.jpg

this box here i just kind of shot from the hip with out a real plan , where as the the couple of ported boxes i built prior to this were built to recommended specs from jl . just to clarify .

the only real plan i had with building this box was to do a sexy fiberglass baffle and to fit the space i had in the back of my family's ride .

i hear a lot of people talking about proper design for ported enclosure , i have even asked once or twice but get no answers . at the same time these people that speak of proper design also say that manufacture specs aren't always optimal .

answers ?

here some pics of my last 2 ported builds before joining smd they aren't perfect but i'm getting better at building stuff , i think ? the 1 is 2 12 inch wx's and the big box was for an old 15w0 4.5 cub and yes its huge and that is what jl recommended

DSCF2597-1.jpg

DSCF2902.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg

DSCF2904.jpg

i have sold the 15w0 so this boxes sits around waiting for a cerwin vega project i think

DSCF2905.jpg

DSCF2906.jpg

Edited by b-dubs89

With looking at the specs from mainfactorys,

99% of them recomemend a tune 37+ and a low port/cuft ratio to keep the box as small as possible

Hence people saying a propley designed box

Mainfactorys spec arnt any different to a pre-fab with the exception or the net being more accurate