Sundown Audio

Strapping Crescendo's???

lt1jerome

What do i need and how do i wire two Crescendo 3500's strapped together? I realize i need the single rca type strap cable to link them together and I assume i will need rca's coming from the output of the primary to the input ofthe secondary amp? Amp ground to secondary battery ground and amp positive to secondary battery positive. As far as speaker wiring Im lost. Thanks for any input.

wire the rca slave from amp to amp

your positive speaker lead goes to the positive speaker terminal on the master amp

your negative speaker lead goes to the positive speaker terminal on the slave amp

wire from the master amps negative speaker terminal to the slave amps negative speaker terminal.

thats all you need to do, just make sure you have the amps on master and slave and wire the rcas from your source unit to the master amp

Edited by aleroking

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

Well for my ddm3a tostay Above 13.5 I have a stock alt with 2 g31 batts in the back and I drop 3/10 of a volt on idle full tilt. But I don't know how efficient crescendos are to dd so I'd say you would want at least 3 to stay above 13 volts with a ho alt

ive ran two strapped at 1.4 on a single 70ah batt and a 250 amp alternator and only dropped to low 12s, now i have over 500ah of batts and only drop to about 13 volts.

depends on your impedance rise and other things. just try and if your voltage drops low add more runs of 1/0, batts, etc and youll be fine.

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/