Second Skin Audio

Sub Box Design Help Fi Q12

I am a new forum member and I have been lurking and reading all the great information on this forum for a while now. I am very impressed with the design knowlege of many of the members on this board, so I thought I would run my new sub box idea by some of the experts on the board. I do not have any experience using sketch tools, but I can explain my design easily and post the Torres box building specs. I am building a box to fit in the center console area of a Ford F250 Quad Cab, and I am planning on having the Sub and the Port fire back into the rear passenger area. The sub will be a Fi Q12 Dual 2 ohm. Fi recommends 1.8 - 2.5 cuft @ 28 - 33Hz for a ported box. Here are my couple of different ideas, please let me know your thoughts and let me know if you see any major pitfalls with my design. In one scenario I would use a L shaped port tuned to 30.5Hz and the other scenario would use a straight port tuned to 32.43Hz... Let me know your thoughts?

CenterLport.png

CenterStraightport.png

Edited by seaudio

I updated the Torres info, I had some sort of glitch before where it was showing two different depths. I appreciate any advice or suggestions that anyone is willing to share.

Thanks,

Spencer

I am a new forum member and I have been lurking and reading all the great information on this forum for a while now. I am very impressed with the design knowlege of many of the members on this board, so I thought I would run my new sub box idea by some of the experts on the board. I do not have any experience using sketch tools, but I can explain my design easily and post the Torres box building specs. I am building a box to fit in the center console area of a Ford F250 Quad Cab, and I am planning on having the Sub and the Port fire back into the rear passenger area. The sub will be a Fi Q12 Dual 2 ohm. Fi recommends 1.8 - 2.5 cuft @ 28 - 33Hz for a ported box. Here are my couple of different ideas, please let me know your thoughts and let me know if you see any major pitfalls with my design. In one scenario I would use a L shaped port tuned to 30.5Hz and the other scenario would use a straight port tuned to 32.43Hz... Let me know your thoughts?

CenterLport.png

CenterStraightport.png

welcome to this hurr forumm

I like your first design port area wise, depending on what kind of power you're using i'd do port area around 13-14 per cube

i'd probably tune to the upper end of their suggestion 32-33 hz

with trucks it's probably better to have sub and port firing up or sub up, port to the side.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Try this. 32 wide (left ot right in your cab. 16 deep. front to back, and 14 high. up down lol. . . sub and port both face up. with double baffle (so for the port you have to cut into the baffle and also account for the length. anyways, this gives you 14.5 port which is good, and 32hz like u had. and 2cubic ish feet. im not a bx designer. so ask people but if you can fit this try it?

ScreenShot2012-08-07at122701PM.png

Edited by Mikey Bates

Your port should be 14.5 high

you might want to add a little bracing in there as well

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

This will be filling the space where the Stock Center console used to fit, so this box is just slightly larger than the stock console. Unless I'm really misunderstanding your design, I don't believe it will fit my area. I also plan putting the stock center console cover or arm rest back on top of this box, so that things look pretty stock at first glance.

console1.jpg

Try this. 32 wide (left ot right in your cab. 16 deep. front to back, and 14 high. up down lol. . . sub and port both face up. with double baffle (so for the port you have to cut into the baffle and also account for the length. anyways, this gives you 14.5 port which is good, and 32hz like u had. and 2cubic ish feet. im not a bx designer. so ask people but if you can fit this try it?

ScreenShot2012-08-07at120515PM.png