Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I am again no expert, however an old friend of mine Will Alfonso suggested a BP design and below is what I came up with.

Specs provided where 5.7cuft 1:1 50sqin of port area 8" long.

After the suggested BP design I "tried" to mock one up in sketch up. I prolly got this all wrong but here is a picture of it with some area's left out to view the measurements. I shortened the port based on 1 shared wall, the way I got the length of the port of 5.25" is that I calculated the box like a standard ported box with torres calc at 50sqin 8" long, got the resulted tuning, then changed it to 1 shared wall, accounting for the difference of 4.5Hz I then adjusted the port lower in length till the same (within .01) tuning was obtained. I hope that made sense. Anyway here is the diagram/photo any input would be helpful as this is my first attempt at doing a BP design and I just kinda winged it based on the data given to me of 1:1 with 50sqin of port area 8" long.

bp1.jpg

The box is 1:1 2.9cuft sealed, 2.9cuft ported 50sqin of port area shortened the port length as detailed above.

Input? No flames por favor.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5930 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...