Second Skin Audio

OK i have a American bass vfl 400.1 that is going to be Paired with JBL MKII12 X2. My amp is 1ohm stable and it is at its best at 5 ohns. Each speaker has a terminal post that represents 6 ohms a voicoil. the speakers should drop to 1.5 ohms. i was wondering if this could cause a huge isue in the long run.

Edited by Kenyel Dotts

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

RMS on tat sub is 700 watts. You're thinking about running more than DOUBLE that to it? I realize in the real world with impedance rise and voltage drop they won't see the true 2000W a piece but still.To answer your question though, if you wire in series/parallel, you will achieve a final ohm load at the amp of .75 ohms. Just wire all the positives together and go to the positive on the amp and the same with your negatives.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the subs can take 700 rms and 4000 peak. the amp is only rated at 4000w stable at 1ohm. I am at 1.5 ohms i think that should put me near 3000w. my worry is the .5 ohms more will this cause the amp to fail or other isues?

Ok the subs can take 700 rms and 4000 peak. the amp is only rated at 4000w stable at 1ohm. I am at 1.5 ohms i think that should put me near 3000w. my worry is the .5 ohms more will this cause the amp to fail or other isues?

Once again, you are not REALLY going to get 3000W with voltage drop and impedance rise. If you don't have the electrical to back up .5 ohms don't do it, or you're right, equipment will fail. Good electrical means high output alternator, few batteries, Big 3 upgrade and knowledge when to turn the volume down.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

my worry is the .5 ohms more will this cause the amp to fail or other isues?

Going higher than the amp's rated impedance will not cause a problem. But do you have the electrical to run approximately 3k?

You might do well to learn the difference between Peak and RMS as well.

To put it shortly: when an "RMS" signal clips you double your power to produce the "peak" result. That means if you are set for 3KW RMS then if you clip you could send upwards of 6KW to the subwoofer(s).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

he cant technically wire to .5. .75 is the lowest he can go. just saying, but i'd still recommend not to do it.

Lowest he can go is 1.5 ohms, I believe they only come in dual 6's. And I think he meant .5 ohms more than the minimum of 1 ohm. Not actually wiring to .5 ohms.

To put it shortly: when an "RMS" signal clips you double your power to produce the "peak" result. That means if you are set for 3KW RMS then if you clip you could send upwards of 6KW to the subwoofer(s).

Peak has nothing to do with clipping. Peak power is just the power the sub can handle for a short instance of time. Usually the peak output from an amp will be about 1.4 times the RMS power. And that's not only when clipping, that's at every high and low point on the sine wave.

Edited by LZTYBRN

Once again, you are not REALLY going to get 3000W with voltage drop and impedance rise. If you don't have the electrical to back up .5 ohms don't do it, or you're right, equipment will fail. Good electrical means high output alternator, few batteries, Big 3 upgrade and knowledge when to turn the volume down.

lease ask questions before you jump to a conclusion. I am NOT trying to run this amp at .5 ohms. I have 2 runs from alt and from battery to amps of 1/0 welding wire. The 1/0 has 400am breakers on both lines and I have a 220 amp alt. I am looking for a d3400 and a d3100 to put in my car soon.

What i was asking is if i run the american bass VFL 400.1 at 1.5 ohms .5 more the rated stability will this cause a isue. Basic: will my am fail in the long run?

spelling may be bad excuse me. Key pad sucks two

But dont asume because some one ask a question they are foolish. If we dont ask we will never no. I am not new to car stereo i just wanted to make sure. If this is ok with you CleanSierra? their will be a day when you ask a question. Do you want some one to talk to you this way or try to fig it out. because mistakes are made every day by every one. have you fig out the one you maid today? lls

Edited by Kenyel Dotts

So whats your point? i was just trying to say that 2000w a woofer or less i should still be ok at a peak of 4000w. Even if i was getting 1500 a woofer it still would not hurt the woofer unless i exceed a safe volume.